Author Topic: Army Preps for ‘Contested Logistics,’ Works to Boost Arms Production  (Read 131 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Army Preps for ‘Contested Logistics,’ Works to Boost Arms Production

Logistics win wars—but not if new enemy capabilities can disrupt supply lines.
ELIZABETH HOWE | NOVEMBER 17, 2022
ARMY INDUSTRY LOGISTICS UKRAINE RUSSIA ASIA-PACIFIC

Enemies can be expected to target U.S. supply lines in tomorrow’s wars—with drones, cyber attacks, and other new methods—so the Army and DARPA are working to stay a step ahead, officials said Wednesday.

“We've gone to war in the past with extremely large and, frankly, vulnerable supply lines. It's an American way of war—war through logistics. It's one of our greatest strengths,” Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Doug Bush said at a DARPA event. “But in doing so we do create a vulnerability that a sophisticated enemy could interdict.”

Bush and others described logistics as a top Army modernization priority. 

“We need less energy demand in the front and we need more energy capacity produced at the front to dramatically shrink what those supply lines look like,” Bush said. He identified “dramatically reducing the energy demand of our weapons systems and platforms” while concurrently “dramatically increasing our ability to generate energy in the field” as one of DARPA’s top Army priorities.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/11/army-preps-contested-logistics-works-boost-arms-production/379877/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army Preps for ‘Contested Logistics,’ Works to Boost Arms Production
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 12:32:20 pm »
 :amen:  Ukraine and Taiwan need those weapons! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson