Author Topic: Who ordered the Army Chief of Staff word salad?  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Who ordered the Army Chief of Staff word salad?
« on: November 19, 2022, 12:27:36 pm »

Who ordered the Army Chief of Staff word salad?

Gen. McConville is a great example of why you shouldn’t expect meat & potatoes when asking a senior officer to open up about anything.

NOVEMBER 17, 2022
Written by
Kelley Beaucar Vlahos

WASHINGTON — What do you get when you settle in with a top U.S. Army general for a wide ranging one-on-one interview in front of a D.C. defense industry audience? Certainly not a meal of meat and potatoes — more like a heaping plate of word salad.

The scene was set in the luxury Hamilton Hotel in Washington on Wednesday when Gen. James McConville, U.S. Army Chief of Staff, sat down with Politico’s Pentagon reporter Lara Seligman to open the media platform’s conference, “At a Crossroads: America’s Defense Strategy.”

Here was a dramatic ballroom, lights, cameras, and, unfortunately, what Washington typically considers “action” — the skill of saying a lot without saying very much of anything at all.

This, of course, is fairly disappointing but not surprising. U.S. Generals are by nature not reflective, at least publicly. They are big draws at these events, but they never deliver. One wonders if anyone cares.

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/2022/11/17/who-ordered-the-army-chief-of-staff-word-salad/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Who ordered the Army Chief of Staff word salad?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 01:13:59 pm »
the skill of saying a lot without saying very much of anything at all.

Good for the General!

I was ready to be pissed off.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!