Author Topic: Michelle Obama: Americans ‘weren’t ready’ for my natural hair  (Read 910 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Michelle Obama: Americans ‘weren’t ready’ for my natural hair
By Samantha Ibrahim   
November 18, 2022 9:17am

Former First Lady Michelle Obama is opening up about the pressures of playing it straight.

The mother of two, 58, revealed how she felt Americans “weren’t ready” for her natural hair as they were still “getting adjusted” to having a black first family in the White House.

She made made the revelation during an onstage chat with interviewer Ellen DeGeneres in Washington, DC, earlier this week, the Independent reported.

She noted how she kept her mane straight as can be while living in la Casa Blanca.

While promoting her new book, “The Light We Carry,” the best-selling author recalled how she decided: “Let me keep my hair straight.”

“Let’s get health care passed [first]. They tripped out when Barack wore a tan suit,” she added, recalling the controversy then-President Barack Obama, 61, faced in 2014 when he sported the outfit.

“The great indignity, the scandal of the Obama administration,” she quipped. “The code of ethics at a workplace, as black women we deal with it, the whole thing about, ‘Do you show up with your natural hair?’”

more
https://nypost.com/2022/11/18/michelle-obama-americans-werent-ready-for-my-natural-hair/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Michelle Obama: Americans ‘weren’t ready’ for my natural hair
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 02:38:56 am »
:facepalm2:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 02:45:46 am »
This ratty old woke Leftist 'Jim Crow 2.0' narrative is getting really tiresome.
The Republic is lost.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 02:46:59 am »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 02:58:20 am »
I don't know what the hell she is talking about here.
Assume this is a reference to so many Black women wearing wigs? I don't know?
Weird ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 03:10:01 am »
She's so full of crap-----straighteners and wigs are her choice, not an expectation of the American people.  No one cared when she went "natural".

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 03:10:19 am »
The mother of two, 58, revealed how she felt Americans “weren’t ready” for her natural hair as they were still “getting adjusted” to having a black first family in the White House.

Horseshit.  Nobody gives a damn what color your skin is.  Stop playing victim here.  The only thing people care about is that your husband was a lazy leftist who didn't possess any leadership qualities, and who held America in contempt.  And no amount of skin color is going to fix that.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 03:11:05 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 03:18:29 am »
I was so bewitched by her incredible muscular arms, I never paid attention to her hair.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2022, 03:22:30 am »
I was so bewitched by her incredible muscular arms, I never paid attention to her hair.

Top notch.   88devil

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2022, 03:37:38 am »
She's so full of crap-----straighteners and wigs are her choice, not an expectation of the American people.  No one cared when she went "natural".

:poo:  Michael is full of himself.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2022, 04:25:15 am »

Well played ma'am, well played.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2022, 04:46:14 am »

@corbe has a photo of her in a see-through dress.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2022, 12:42:20 pm »
Such narcissism.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2022, 04:29:15 pm »
Yeah Americans weren't ready for a Black persons hair, right, cause we haven't had their hair styles and afros normalized on every kind of media you can think of since the 60's. If anyone had a problem with with Big Mike's hair it was Big Mike who felt the need to have her hair styled in a more Caucasian manner but is now while out attention whoring is pandering to Blacks as a persecuted class.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2022, 04:53:59 pm »
Uh huh.  And who was it that wasn't ready for her natural hair back in 2004?

2002?

1996?

"Early 90's"??

How back in 1992?

1983?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2022, 05:03:21 pm »
There is NO picture of Michelle Obama while they was pregnant.
Simply does not exist?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.