Author Topic: RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel Endorsed By 100 Committee Members In Open Letter  (Read 554 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel has been endorsed for reelection by over 100 committee members in an open letter.

The letter is being led by Richard Porter, a national committeeman from Illinois, The Washington Post reported. The signatories are confident McDaniel has “the skills, integrity, and experience to meet the challenges and capitalize on the opportunities of our time,” according to the letter. They believe the RNC should have the singular goal to “achieve victory in 2024 with great Republican candidates up and down the ticket in every state and territory,” the letter states.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/18/ronna-mcdaniel-endorsed-100-committee-members/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

Re: RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel Endorsed By 100 Committee Members In Open Letter
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 07:31:37 pm »

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel has been endorsed for reelection by over 100 committee members in an open letter.

100 committee members handpicked by McDaniel and the RNC.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 07:37:17 pm »

In this case no. They are picked at the state GOP convention, or maybe elected in states such as Texas (someone from there correct me if I'm wrong), so that is a fairly grassroots thing not controlled by the RNC.

They select a nat'l committeeman and committeewoman, which yields 100. There are a total of 168 it seems, but I can't remember anymore if those are territories, superdelegates, or what.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 08:52:16 pm »

The anti TRUMP mode is started for 2024 333cleo

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 08:56:24 pm »
The anti TRUMP mode is started for 2024 333cleo

Two damn long years of it... A year before there's even anyone else seriously announcing.

Guess I'll stick to fishing.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 08:57:34 pm »
In this case no. They are picked at the state GOP convention, or maybe elected in states such as Texas (someone from there correct me if I'm wrong), so that is a fairly grassroots thing not controlled by the RNC.

They select a nat'l committeeman and committeewoman, which yields 100. There are a total of 168 it seems, but I can't remember anymore if those are territories, superdelegates, or what.

In Texas they are selected by the delegates to our state convention.  IIRC as prescribed by party rules. @Free Vulcan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2022, 10:31:49 pm »
Well if conservative republicans are really unhappy with her they should withhold all donations and make sure RNC knows why.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2022, 10:57:36 pm »
In Texas they are selected by the delegates to our state convention.  IIRC as prescribed by party rules. @Free Vulcan

Not exactly.  Texas has three voting members of the RNC - the State Party Chairman, the Committeeman, and the Committeewoman.  Each Congressional district recommends a person for these positions.  The National Nominations Committee then chooses which of the recommendations for each position will be the corresponding nominee to be put forth and voted on.  The only way there can be any grass roots action is to nominate a challenger on the floor, and that can only happen if the prospective challenger had three or more district recommendations.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2022, 11:13:12 pm »
Not exactly.  Texas has three voting members of the RNC - the State Party Chairman, the Committeeman, and the Committeewoman.  Each Congressional district recommends a person for these positions.  The National Nominations Committee then chooses which of the recommendations for each position will be the corresponding nominee to be put forth and voted on.  The only way there can be any grass roots action is to nominate a challenger on the floor, and that can only happen if the prospective challenger had three or more district recommendations.

That is not my recollection @Hoodat and I have participated in quite a few 2016 and prior.

See Rule 34A, 39, and 40
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 11:21:39 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2022, 11:17:23 pm »
That is not my recollection @Hoodat and I have participated in quite a few 2016 and prior.

Those are the 2022 rules.  In your 'pre-2016 RNC' experience, was there more than one choice for Committeeman and Committeewoman before the full Convention?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2022, 11:29:20 pm »
Those are the 2022 rules.  In your 'pre-2016 RNC' experience, was there more than one choice for Committeeman and Committeewoman before the full Convention?

Rule No. 40 – National Committeeman and Committeewoman

At the biennial State Convention held in presidential election years, each Congressional District shall
caucus and recommend a man for Republican National Committeeman from Texas and a woman for
Republican National Committeewoman from Texas. These recommendations shall be forwarded to the National Nominations Committee by the district’s member to the committee, who shall support them on at least the first (1st) round of voting. The National Nominations Committee shall select one (1) man and one (1) woman from these recommendations to be submitted to the Convention as nominees for these positions.

Nominations from the floor shall be allowed only for candidates recommended by at least three (3) districts, or by petition signed by delegates equal in number to at least twenty percent (20%) of the convention voting strength.

In the event of a vacancy in the office of National Committeeman or Committeewoman the vacancy shall be filled by a majority vote of the State Republican Executive Committee.

The candidate who wins a majority of the congressional districts is selected.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2022, 12:05:37 am »
The candidate who wins a majority of the congressional districts is selected.

And if no one wins a majority, the committee can select whomever they want.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2022, 12:29:07 am »
And if no one wins a majority, the committee can select whomever they want.

Never saw that happen.  The committee makes recommendations that then must be approved by the voting delegates on the convention floor.  Prior to that vote, convention delegates receive a committee report which details how many CDs recommended each candidate.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 12:34:30 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2022, 12:34:22 am »
New York Republican Lee Zeldin Moves Closer to Run for RNC Chair

Jacob Bliss 18 Nov 2022 Washington, DC

Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY), who had a strong performance in the New York governor’s race, is “very seriously considering” running to head the Republican National Committee (RNC), challenging the current leader, Ronna McDaniel.

Zeldin, who recently lost a gubernatorial campaign against New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D), is getting closer to running for RNC chair after sending out an email to committee members on Thursday, according to Politico.

“It is time for our party to retool, transform, win back the Presidency in 2024, expand our number of Republican held seats in Congress, and elect the maximum number of down ballot races across the country,” Zeldin said in the message. “The Republican Party needs to be all in to do everything in its power to save America.”

As Breitbart News reported last week, Zeldin, running one of the closest gubernatorial races in New York in 20 years, created significant inroads for other GOP candidates across the state — including at least ten House seats, one held by Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) chair Rep. Sean Maloney (D-NY).

His performance in the midterms caused multiple people, such as elected officials and activists, to contact Zeldin to ask him to run for chair of the party.

Zeldin wrote in his email to RNC members:

Not only should the Republican Party compete in all 50 states, and ensure we are driving up turnout within our base, but we also need to go to all communities no matter how blue they are, show up often, build relationships, and advance our proposals on education, upward economic mobility, housing, mental health, public safety, and more.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/18/new-york-republican-lee-zeldin-moves-closer-run-rnc-chair/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34