Author Topic: Viral video shows chimpanzee mom holding newborn baby for first time after nearly 2-day separation  (Read 249 times)

Online libertybele

A little happiness for today.  This is a really heart-warming video. (video @ link)

Viral video shows chimpanzee mom holding newborn baby for first time after nearly 2-day separation

A momma chimpanzee and her newborn baby had a tearful reunion at the Sedgwick County Zoo in Wichita, Kansas, after being separated for nearly two days following complications from delivery.

The chimpanzee, named Mahale, underwent an emergency C-section Nov. 15, and her baby, Kucheza — "play" in Swahili — was placed in the zoo's veterinary hospital by animal care staff. Mom and baby were kept apart for nearly two days before they were reunited.

Footage recorded by the Sedgwick County Zoo shows the moment mom was able to hold her baby for the first time.

In the video, which was posted to the zoo's Facebook page, Mahale is seen entering an enclosure where zookeepers had placed Kucheza, who was swaddled in blankets.

At first, Mahale doesn't appear to recognize what's in the blankets. She appears to peer for a closer look when a tiny hand stretches out toward her.

Immediately, Mahale snatches her baby into a tight embrace.

Zoo staff can be heard in the background starting to cry as they admire mom's love for her baby.

"It's one of the most powerful things I’ve ever seen. She knows it’s her baby laying there. The baby is being very still. She’s looking at it like, ‘What’s going on?’ And once he moves, you see the relief and the love and just, oh my gosh, it’s just amazing. As a mom myself, it’s just, oh my gosh," the zoo's communications director, Jennica King, told FOX TV Stations.........

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/viral-video-chimpanzee-mom-holds-newborn-baby-first-time-2-day-separation
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

A little happiness for today.  This is a really heart-warming video. (video @ link)

Viral video shows chimpanzee mom holding newborn baby for first time after nearly 2-day separation

A momma chimpanzee and her newborn baby had a tearful reunion at the Sedgwick County Zoo in Wichita, Kansas, after being separated for nearly two days following complications from delivery.

The chimpanzee, named Mahale, underwent an emergency C-section Nov. 15, and her baby, Kucheza — "play" in Swahili — was placed in the zoo's veterinary hospital by animal care staff. Mom and baby were kept apart for nearly two days before they were reunited.

Footage recorded by the Sedgwick County Zoo shows the moment mom was able to hold her baby for the first time.

In the video, which was posted to the zoo's Facebook page, Mahale is seen entering an enclosure where zookeepers had placed Kucheza, who was swaddled in blankets.

At first, Mahale doesn't appear to recognize what's in the blankets. She appears to peer for a closer look when a tiny hand stretches out toward her.

Immediately, Mahale snatches her baby into a tight embrace.

Zoo staff can be heard in the background starting to cry as they admire mom's love for her baby.

"It's one of the most powerful things I’ve ever seen. She knows it’s her baby laying there. The baby is being very still. She’s looking at it like, ‘What’s going on?’ And once he moves, you see the relief and the love and just, oh my gosh, it’s just amazing. As a mom myself, it’s just, oh my gosh," the zoo's communications director, Jennica King, told FOX TV Stations.........

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/viral-video-chimpanzee-mom-holds-newborn-baby-first-time-2-day-separation
Pretty cool...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Compare and contrast with humans clamoring for abortions...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

Compare and contrast with humans clamoring for abortions...

I thought about that also.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.