General Category > Crime And Punishment

Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced to More Than 11 Years in Prison in Theranos Fraud Case

(1/1)

Gefn:
Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison, capping the extraordinary downfall of a one-time Silicon Valley wunderkind.

U.S. District Judge Edward Davila, who oversaw the monthslong trial in which Ms. Holmes was convicted of running a yearslong fraud scheme at her blood-testing company, delivered the sentence Friday in federal court. Additionally:

Judge orders Ms. Holmes to surrender on April 27, 2023
Ms. Holmes has 14 days to appeal her conviction
Lawyers for Ms. Holmes will seek to let her stay out of prison on bail pending appeal

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/elizabeth-holmes-sentencing-theranos-trial

Gefn:
I knew nothing about this until I read a book called “Bad Blood” three years ago.

It’s about Tharanos and I couldn’t put it down.

Hoodat:
Does she get to keep all her money once she makes parole in 7 years?

mountaineer:
Jerry Christmas
@JerryDunleavy
44m
Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes was just sentenced to 135 months in prison after being convicted on charges of conspiracy to defraud investors & wire fraud. I laid out how then-VP & now-President Biden played a key role in legitimizing this fraudster.
--- Quote ---Biden played big role in promoting convicted fraudster Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos
by Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter |
January 03, 2022 07:46 PM

Then-Vice President Joe Biden played a key role in helping further the billion-dollar con job perpetrated by Elizabeth Holmes, lavishing the disgraced Theranos founder with praise in 2015.

Holmes, whose company falsely claimed to be able to conduct wide-ranging and revolutionary life-saving tests using only tiny drops of blood, was found guilty on Monday on one federal charge of conspiracy to defraud investors and three counts of wire fraud. She faces up to 20 years in prison per count.  ...
--- End quote ---
Washington Examiner

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version