Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Democrat CONCEDES to Lauren Boebert in nail-biting Colorado race  (Read 526 times)

Offline Kamaji

BREAKING NEWS: Democrat CONCEDES to Lauren Boebert in nail-biting Colorado race: Adam Frisch says recount won't change result as GOP firebrand hangs onto House seat

By NIKKI SCHWAB, SENIOR U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER
18 November 2022

Democrat Adam Frisch said Friday he called and conceded to Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert on Friday as their race in Colorado was headed to a recount.

At a press conference, Frisch said the close race wasn't close enough for him to win.

'The voters have spoken,' Frisch said. 'The likelihood of this recount changing more than a handful of votes is very, very small.'

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11445031/Democrat-CONCEDES-Lauren-Boebert-nail-biting-Colorado-race.html

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
A Democrat did the right thing?

I'd buy him a beer for that one. I'm sure Twitter is pissed.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And the auto recount?

Not going to be distracted by the shiny disco ball.
The Republic is lost.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
And the auto recount?

Not going to be distracted by the shiny disco ball.

Not if he concedes.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Not if he concedes.

I know states laws are different in that regard, it may be in CO that concession ends it, recount worthy or not.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Colorado election results: Boebert opponent Frisch concedes race ahead of likely recount

More than a week after Election Day, the race for Colorado's 3rd Congressional District remains uncalled and is likely headed to an automatic recount, but Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert's Democratic challenger conceded the election Friday.

Boebert held a threadbare lead over former Aspen City Council member Adam Frisch, a Democrat.

As of Friday, with nearly all the votes counted, Boebert holds a 551-vote lead over Frisch out of nearly 327,000 votes cast, a difference of 0.16 percentage points. The Associated Press has deemed the race too close to call and will not do so until a potential recount happens.

Under Colorado state law, a mandatory recount occurs when the margin of victory in an election is within half a percentage point.

A recount in the race could take several weeks to complete. A Colorado statute instructs that a recount must be completed 35 days after the general election, which would be Dec. 13 this year.

Boebert declared victory Thursday night in a video posted on social media.

"I'm told that there are less than 200 votes outstanding, which makes me so happy to announce we have won this race!" Boebert said. "With this victory and with Republicans in control of the House of Representatives, we can focus on the issues that actually matter most, including getting inflation under control, increasing our domestic energy supply, securing the southern border, and being a strong check on the White House." .............

.............Later Friday, Frisch held a press conference and announced he had called Boebert to concede the race. Noting that his campaign did not ask for a recount, which is mandated by law, he called Colorado elections "safe, accurate, and secure," and told his supporters it would be "unethical" to continue raising funds for an effort that had little chance of reversing the results.

Frisch again thanked his supporters and volunteers and remarked that his campaign showed how Democrats need to reach voters in rural parts of America.

"The Democratic Party has slowly but surely eroded the trust of rural and working class Americans. Denver and D.C. politicians need to demonstrate an understanding of the issues that face rural America, working class America, and celebrate, not disrespect, folks across the country," Frisch said. ....................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colorado-election-results-boebert-race-likely-heading-recount

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

I would concede to anything Lauren Boebert wants or…needs…or demands…or desires…or… oops, sorry. Suddenly lost track there.

Whew.

Offline Kamaji

I would concede to anything Lauren Boebert wants or…needs…or demands…or desires…or… oops, sorry. Suddenly lost track there.

Whew.

:silly:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

Whew.

I can see where she might be distracting.  wink777
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
After a time of determined denials of election fraud, finally some are speaking out of a great deal of election fraud has been perpetrated, this election.  The denial advocates are eventually exposed again!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions