Author Topic: ‘The Old Republican Party Is Dead’: Josh Hawley Lays Out Roadmap For New Working-Class GOP  (Read 485 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Republican Missouri Sen. Josh Hawley said the old Republican Party is dead and must be replaced with a GOP that’s focused on working-class voters and the issues they care most about: work, family and culture.

The expected midterm red wave didn’t pan out for Republicans because the party can’t seem to win over working-class independents, Hawley argued in The Washington Post Friday, dismissing claims that turnout or candidate quality were behind the GOP’s faltering performance. The GOP can only make serious gains by reversing its recent policies on trade, crime, immigration and culture, he wrote.

“The old Republican Party is dead. It has been wasting away for years now, and this month’s midterm results are the finishing blow,” he wrote.

https://www.conservativereview.com/the-old-republican-party-is-dead-josh-hawley-lays-out-roadmap-for-new-working-class-gop-2658689543.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

The GOPe needs to return to their conservative values and run on conservatism.  I think we know that's not going to happen. The GOPe lost their way and consequently have lost elections.  The GOPe is corrupt and panders to the DEMS. Until they lose power and are replaced with true conservatives, nothing is going to change.

Also, return the power to the States; people need to elect conservatives at the State level.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 06:49:48 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The GOPe needs to return to their conservative values and run on conservatism.  I think we know that's not going to happen. The GOPe lost their way and consequently have lost elections.  The GOPe is corrupt and panders to the DEMS. Until they lose power and are replaced with true conservatives, nothing is going to change.

Also, return the power to the States; people need to elect conservatives at the State level.

I don't know if there's any real vehicle that funds and organizes for conservative candidates or not, but there needs to be. Primaries are much easier to win than the general as a basic rule.
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
More Republicans cheering/over joyed with Republican losses preaching like a hardcore democrat.  WQho'd a thought that would happen?  Heard plenty of that crap from others already.
 :smokin: :chairbang: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

I don't know if there's any real vehicle that funds and organizes for conservative candidates or not, but there needs to be. Primaries are much easier to win than the general as a basic rule.

The National Republican Senatorial Committee has and raises funds; however McConnell has control and manipulates those dollars to help who he wants to seat.  He has been a huge problem in getting conservatives seated in the Senate. Another reason he needs to go.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The National Republican Senatorial Committee has and raises funds; however McConnell has control and manipulates those dollars to help who he wants to seat.  He has been a huge problem in getting conservatives seated in the Senate. Another reason he needs to go.

:amen: @libertybele but that is only part of the story. Primary voters need to stop voting for the candidate with the most money (I rarely, if ever, do that) in those contests because there is a reason why that guy has all that money and it isn't because he's a good fundraiser.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

:amen: @libertybele but that is only part of the story. Primary voters need to stop voting for the candidate with the most money (I rarely, if ever, do that) in those contests because there is a reason why that guy has all that money and it isn't because he's a good fundraiser.

That's an interesting point. I've been more inclined to favor the outsider. We've seen so many "conservatives" go to DC and change into Rino's overnight and they are almost always career politicians.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online roamer_1

That's an interesting point. I've been more inclined to favor the outsider. We've seen so many "conservatives" go to DC and change into Rino's overnight and they are almost always career politicians.

That will always be true. EVERYONE is 'conservative' during the silly season.

What fixes that is to stop listening to what they say on the stump, and look at their history -- If they walk the walk, it will show there.

And secondly, a constant winnowing of those who do not toe the line. Throw the bastards out. Fearlessly and always. THEN you will begin to find a GOP that has a pair.