Author Topic: Experts: GOP Botched Early-Voting Ground Game  (Read 574 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Experts: GOP Botched Early-Voting Ground Game
« on: November 18, 2022, 04:43:13 pm »
By Susan Crabtree - RCP Staff

snip
Although Georgia was the exception for Republican candidates on Nov. 8, rather than the rule, Florida Republicans also outpaced Democrats in early voting and kept a competitive pace with the mail-in votes.

The day before the election, 4.8 million people had already voted in Florida, a third of all registered voters in the state. Republicans outpaced Democrats in early in-person voting by more than 480,000 votes, according to the state Division of Elections, while Democrats had returned about 163,000 more mail-in ballots than Republicans. As of Monday afternoon before Election Day, the Miami-Dade County Elections Department’s data showed that about 30% of voters had cast their ballots, and most were Republicans. The statewide results reflected this push: Sen. Marco Rubio significantly outperformed his pre-election polling and cruised to a 16-point win over Democratic challenger Val Demings, while Gov. Ron DeSantis became the first Republican gubernatorial candidate to win the county in two decades on his way to a landslide victory.

“If you wait ‘til Election Day, you get a flat tire, you can’t take a mulligan,” DeSantis told a packed crowd at a Jewish community center in October.
more
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/11/17/experts_gop_botched_early-voting_ground_game__148484.html
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 04:48:02 pm by cato potatoe »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Experts: GOP Botched Early-Voting Ground Game
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 05:15:07 pm »
I don't like the reality, but if you want to fix the problem, you've got to win the election first, and playing the absentee game is part of that.

But it's not all of it. I don't care if it's mail-in or election day ballots, if there is no security or chain-of-custody procedures, or transparency and oversight of those who count the ballots, it really doesn't matter.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 05:19:05 pm »

. . . for the sixth consecutive election.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 05:23:44 pm »

I would argue that GOPe actively worked against GOP candidates in many places and are still doing so as we speak!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 06:30:44 pm »
I was thinking that maybe telling GOP voters there was a "red wave" coming had the opposite effect intended, it suppressed turnout.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 10:59:45 pm »
Vulcan comments:
"I don't like the reality, but if you want to fix the problem, you've got to win the election first, and playing the absentee game is part of that."

I don't see where "early voting" by Republicans would make all that much difference.

Primary reason:
While most (or all) of the Republican "early votes" would be legitimate, early (legitimate) voting by Republican voters cannot overcome early ILLEGITIMATE votes "cast from" the dem-communist side.

And I would reckon that a number of the "early" and "harvested" votes from the dem-com side ARE phony/illegitimate.

The new election paradigms of:
- "early" voting
- vote-by-mail
- ballot harvesting
- ranked-choice voting
- provisional voting
- same-day registration
... are ALL above-ground facets of The Party's "underground election apparatus".

And, as such, ALL of them are designed to make it easier for The Party to "control" election outcomes.

That's why "the putsch is on" in the blue (and more importantly, in the purple) states to get all of these voting changes into place.

Once they are IN place, now The Party proclaims them to be sacrosanct.
Any move by the other side to repeal them will then be attacked -- successfully -- as "taking away the rights" of the voting populace.

Short of revolution, they will be there to stay.

Got it, Comrades...?