Author Topic: Thanks,”Colorado Springs Gazette, for Warning of the Dangers of “Climate Change Catastrophism  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thanks,”Colorado Springs Gazette, for Warning of the Dangers of “Climate Change Catastrophism
By Linnea Lueken -November 16, 20220

climate change catastrophe
The editorial board of the Colorado Springs Gazette published an article describing the harm being caused by “climate change catastrophism,” the constant repetition of woefully overstated claims about the risk of climate change. The story cites a recent letter published in the peer reviewed Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), in which a team of international scientists urge their fellow researchers to avoid exaggerating the likely impacts of climate change, warning it may be contributing to mental health problems, particularly among young people. This represents a much more balanced and practical position, avoiding sensationalist claims and focusing on a realistic assessment of the state of climate knowledge.

The Colorado Springs Gazette article, titled “Boulder scientists warn of ‘climate change catastrophism,’” says “[e]nough with climate-change scare tactics. They hurt people, possibly more than they will suffer from climate change.” They cite a letter published in PNAS under the title “Catastrophic climate risks should be neither understated nor overstated,” penned by climate scientists Matthew G. Burgess, Roger Pielke Jr., and Justin Ritchie.

The Colorado Springs Gazette writes:

https://climaterealism.com/2022/11/thanks-colorado-springs-gazette-for-warning-of-the-dangers-of-climate-change-catastrophism/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson