Author Topic: Pope Francis’s Tacit Support for Gay Marriage Subverts Scripture to Please the World  (Read 545 times)

Offline Kamaji

Pope Francis’s Tacit Support for Gay Marriage Subverts Scripture to Please the World

Given the contrast between Francis’s rhetoric and behavior, the Catholic Church risks jettisoning centuries of teaching for post-modernist fashion.

BY: JOSEPH D'HIPPOLITO
NOVEMBER 18, 2022

When Belgium’s Catholic bishops meet him for their required visit on Nov. 21-26, Pope Francis will have the chance to either reaffirm or negate Catholic doctrine concerning one of civilization’s most contentious issues: same-sex marriage.

Flemish bishops in September published a proposed liturgy for same-sex couples. Belgium’s French-speaking bishops said afterward they would consider something similar.

But such liturgies could lead to sacramental recognition of same-sex marriage. That would mark a pivotal, perhaps irrevocable, theological and moral shift, especially when secular authorities increasingly support exposing children to LGBT sexuality.

For centuries, the Catholic Church taught that same-sex marriage was sacramentally invalid. The catechism defines homosexual sex as “acts of grave depravity” and “intrinsically disordered” and urges homosexuals to practice chastity.

The catechism reflects biblical teaching. Leviticus included homosexuality alongside other sexual behaviors considered “detestable.” In the New Testament, Jesus defined marriage as a union between one man and one woman. St. Paul, a former Pharisee, described homosexual acts as “shameful” and practicing homosexuals as unable to “inherit the Kingdom of God.”

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/11/18/pope-franciss-tacit-support-for-gay-marriage-subverts-scripture-to-please-the-world/

Offline Kamaji

The next Pope is going to have a lot of cleaning up to do; that is, if there is a next Pope (or a church of which one could be the Pope).

Offline Idiot

Pope Francis’s Tacit Support for Gay Marriage Subverts Scripture to Please the World

Given the contrast between Francis’s rhetoric and behavior, the Catholic Church risks jettisoning centuries of teaching for post-modernist fashion.

BY: JOSEPH D'HIPPOLITO
NOVEMBER 18, 2022

When Belgium’s Catholic bishops meet him for their required visit on Nov. 21-26, Pope Francis will have the chance to either reaffirm or negate Catholic doctrine concerning one of civilization’s most contentious issues: same-sex marriage.

Flemish bishops in September published a proposed liturgy for same-sex couples. Belgium’s French-speaking bishops said afterward they would consider something similar.

But such liturgies could lead to sacramental recognition of same-sex marriage. That would mark a pivotal, perhaps irrevocable, theological and moral shift, especially when secular authorities increasingly support exposing children to LGBT sexuality.

For centuries, the Catholic Church taught that same-sex marriage was sacramentally invalid. The catechism defines homosexual sex as “acts of grave depravity” and “intrinsically disordered” and urges homosexuals to practice chastity.

The catechism reflects biblical teaching. Leviticus included homosexuality alongside other sexual behaviors considered “detestable.” In the New Testament, Jesus defined marriage as a union between one man and one woman. St. Paul, a former Pharisee, described homosexual acts as “shameful” and practicing homosexuals as unable to “inherit the Kingdom of God.”

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/11/18/pope-franciss-tacit-support-for-gay-marriage-subverts-scripture-to-please-the-world/
So sad....   Mainstream denominations are going down this same horrible path.

Online roamer_1

So sad....   Mainstream denominations are going down this same horrible path.

In more than one way... It's a concerted effort:

https://www.cogwriter.com/news/doctrine/i365-religious-leaders-gather-in-sinai-to-receive-climate-justice-ten-commandments/

Can you imagine the unmitigated gall... to stand upon Sinai and deliver 10 commandments of 'climate justice'?

Offline Kamaji

Offline Idiot

https://www.cogwriter.com/news/doctrine/i365-religious-leaders-gather-in-sinai-to-receive-climate-justice-ten-commandments/

Can you imagine the unmitigated gall... to stand upon Sinai and deliver 10 commandments of 'climate justice'?
These churches are ending up being just a social club.  God help us.

I was talking with a Methodist pastor 2 days ago.  Their church has voted to leave the UMC and stand for Biblical truths.  He said...I can't stand before God on judgement day and have gone against God's teachings. 

Online roamer_1

These churches are ending up being just a social club.  God help us.

I was talking with a Methodist pastor 2 days ago.  Their church has voted to leave the UMC and stand for Biblical truths.  He said...I can't stand before God on judgement day and have gone against God's teachings.

We left Christian Reformed/Dutch Reformed, and later PresbyterianUSA Decades ago, for the same reasons. Mother still goes to PresbyOPC.

And they are far worse than a mere social club. They are TEACHING SIN. and calling it 'of God'.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 03:37:29 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I will admit right up front that I consider religion to be nothing but superstition based on fear,but even I can't understand what is going through the current Pope's alleged mind.

How the HELL does he remain in power?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline BellyAche

Latin masses are getting popular again and Pope Francis doesn't like them. Granted they might be archaic to some but it's a beautiful traditional way to worship.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kamaji

Latin masses are getting popular again and Pope Francis doesn't like them. Granted they might be archaic to some but it's a beautiful traditional way to worship.

It is.

Offline Kamaji

There may be another schism in the Catholic Church.

Offline Idiot

We left Christian Reformed/Dutch Reformed, and later PresbyterianUSA Decades ago, for the same reasons. Mother still goes to PresbyOPC.

And they are far worse than a mere social club. They are TEACHING SIN. and calling it 'of God'.
I attended an OPC church for 30 years.  They still stand for biblical truths.  I no longer go there and attend a baptist church, the OPC is a bit too legalistic for me and really do little if any evangelism.  Our local PCUSA church has turned big time liberal, really sad since my family started that church in the early 1900's.  @roamer_1
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 04:21:56 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline Hoodat

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.  And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed.  By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber

2 Peter 2:1-3
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The leadership of most "Churches" these days is far more concerned with preserving their 501c3 status than staying true to Biblical values.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

I attended an OPC church for 30 years.  They still stand for biblical truths.  I no longer go there and attend a baptist church, they are a bit too legalistic for me and really do little if any evangelism.  Our local PCUSA church has turned big time liberal, really sad since my family started that church in the early 1900's.  @roamer_1

We left PresbyUSA when they burned sage to cleanse the synod... REALLY they did - And that's been twenty years ago or better.

I get along pretty good with hard core Southern Baptists, and prefer them when I go looking for it.  But as a Christian Messianic, that 'legalism' is right to me - though the argument that it is legalism might be best left for another day...

I would however propose that the closer a church gets to Torah, the less likely it is to succumb to the very things this article illustrates... Those Southern Baptists, by and large, will continue to prove it.

@mrpotatohead

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

The Golden Calf doesn't always take on bovine form, even if the results are bovine in nature. Amazing that golden bull shit is still bullshit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The leadership of most "Churches" these days is far more concerned with preserving their 501c3 status than staying true to Biblical values.
:shrug:
Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, render unto God what is His.

He called homosexuality abomination. No Church that will ever call me a member will approve of such unions, for any reason.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

He called homosexuality abomination. No Church that will ever call me a member will approve of such unions, for any reason.

:amen:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Yep.  Just thinking of this myself.  So what if a church loses its tax status.  G-d will provide.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-