Author Topic: The Unsung: Military Medical Personnel  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Unsung: Military Medical Personnel
« on: November 18, 2022, 12:20:39 pm »
The Unsung: Military Medical Personnel
November 15, 2022 by Special Guest

by Denise Flores

[Editor’s Note: Denise wrote the following in 2007 at age 14 based on conversations she had with her mother, a U.S. Army surgical technician]

Plagued with stories of the war in Iraq, the news regurgitates similar headlines, focusing solely on the soldiers fighting on the front lines, in immediate danger.

What happens to those soldiers that are wounded, dying? Is there no recognition for the countless men and women whose only job is to save the lives of others? The military medical personnel serving their time in Iraq are just as important as any other soldier serving our country.

My mother, SSG Velez, is a surgical technician in the Army, and not to hear recognition for her and others like her is very disconcerting. She has had to face many trials during her term in Iraq but one, in particular, seems to always stay at the forefront of her mind:

https://havokjournal.com/culture/military/the-unsung-military-medical-personnel/
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 12:21:29 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The Unsung: Military Medical Personnel
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 03:59:15 pm »
You just can't praise the medic's enough. ESPECIALLY the combat medics who go in on the ground with the grunts on combat assaults.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!