Author Topic: Murray: Can’t Have Shutdown Threats for Border Money, Defunding IRS Expansion ‘That Are Not Prioriti  (Read 268 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Murray: Can’t Have Shutdown Threats for Border Money, Defunding IRS Expansion ‘That Are Not Priorities of the American People’

Ian Hanchett 17 Nov 2022

On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Hallie Jackson Reports,” Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) reacted to the prospect of Republicans using funding bills to get concessions on things like money for the border or defunding the expansion of the IRS under the Inflation Reduction Act by stating that while numbers and “some of our priorities” can be negotiated, it’s crucial that “we don’t use threats of a government shutdown to get priorities that are not priorities of the American people.”

Host Hallie Jackson asked, “House Republicans will likely use some of these funding bills to try to extract concessions on stuff like border money, on things like defunding the IRS with these 87,000 new employees, you will likely be the Senate Appropriations Chair. Do you think there is room to negotiate with House Republicans on some of these conservative asks, or do you think that this is the time for Democrats to draw a hard line here?”

Murray responded, “I think it is really important that we stand up and fight for the priorities of this country and make sure we have those investments and we don’t use threats of a government shutdown to get priorities that are not priorities of the American people. I’ve seen this far too often. It never works out for Republicans when they try to demand that we repeal ACA or some other thing like women’s reproductive health, or they’ll shut down government. It never works out for them. I would advise them to work with us. We always can negotiate numbers within the appropriations bills and some of our priorities. But do not use government funding as a place where you threaten everybody’s way of life across this country. It won’t work out for you.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/11/17/murray-cant-have-shutdown-threats-for-border-money-defunding-irs-expansion-that-are-not-priorities-of-the-american-people/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Patty Murray couldn't spell C-A-T if you spotted her the 'C' and the 'A'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
For many years the democrats threatened and endangered America by declaring they were shutting down America to get what the wanted, then turned and blamed the Republicans for what the democrats did.  Now the democrats fear Republicans doing what democrats have many times done.  H Y P O C R I T E -PHONIES
 :silly: :silly: :tongue2: :silly: :silly: :tongue2: :silly: :silly: :tongue2: :silly: :silly: :tongue2: :silly: :silly: :tongue2:

Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions