Author Topic: STUDY: 47 Liberals, ZERO Conservatives on Late Night During Fall Campaign  (Read 407 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
STUDY: 47 Liberals, ZERO Conservatives on Late Night During Fall Campaign
Alex Christy
November 14th, 2022 1:30 PM

The late-night comedy scene has been reliably liberal for a long time, but the 2022 midterm election was a regular messaging machine for the Democrats, a NewsBusters study has revealed.

MRC analysts found that during the fall campaign, from Labor Day through the Monday night before Election Day, liberal guests outnumbered conservative guests 47 to 0. It was 100 percent liberal and/or Democrat.

The study looked at the daily six late night comedy shows: ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live!, NBC’s Late Night with Seth Meyers and The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, CBS’s The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and The Late Late Show with James Corden, and Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. Fox's Gutfeld! was not included.

MRC analysts divided guests into two categories: partisan officials and then journalists and celebrities.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/alex-christy/2022/11/14/study-47-liberals-zero-conservatives-late-night-during-fall
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 10:03:18 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

Re: STUDY: 47 Liberals, ZERO Conservatives on Late Night During Fall Campaign
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 10:22:55 pm »
At what point did the idiots who headline the late evening talk shows decide that going politically far left was the way to go?
It still stuns me that these goofy UNFUNNY!!! clowns think that offending half their possible audience is a winner.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 10:36:25 pm »
At whaAtt point did the idiots who headline the late evening talk shows decide that going politically far left was the way to go?
It still stuns me that these goofy UNFUNNY!!! clowns think that offending half their possible audience is a winner.

@goatprarie

They were all already dedicated lefties or they would have never had the jobs to start with.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 02:00:49 am »
The vast majority of them are based in New York City. Colbert, Fallon, Meyers. And New York City is full of left-wing ideologues who are eager to have a microphone and a camera in front of their faces, and bereft of entertaining, conservative voices.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 10:47:51 pm »
It's one thing to have political opinions, it's another to let your opinions affect your career in entertainment.
Even Pete Seeger didn't  announce he was a communist before his concerts. Both Johnny Carson and Jay Leno were/are both political liberals. But they liked getting laughs more than they like proselytizing. David Letterman is a hardcore liberal, but most of his shows were him just attempting to get laughs from his audience.
If you're an entertainer counting on getting as many fans as possible, why would you go out of your way to smear half your possible audience/people who might buy your stuff?
If I was an entertainer (which I'm not), there's no way I'm going to tell anybody watching me that I hate you if you don't like my politics.
It's just weird.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 11:11:13 pm »
I don't watch late-night tv.
Never have.

Actually, I don't watch television at all -- with the exceptions of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

And even then, the tv is mute for all commercials...