Author Topic: Severe Blowback on Effort to Include Media Cartel Bill JCPA in Defense Bill Forces Congressional Lea  (Read 191 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Congressional leaders stripped from the annual defense package a controversial proposal that would have allowed media organizations to create cartels to collectively bargain with Big Tech companies, text of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) released on Tuesday evening shows.

The revelation that the Journalism Competition and Preservation Act (JCPA) has been stripped from the text of the NDAA after congressional leaders had agreed to include it just days ago is a massive development that comes after congressional leaders were caught off guard by the swift and severe blowback to the effort, Breitbart News has learned.

The removal of the proposal is a massive win for conservatives after sweeping criticism from across the political spectrum came in in the wake of reports that Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell had caved to Democrats on this, but particularly criticism among Republicans, who were shocked leaders had agreed to include the Journalism Competition and Preservation Act (JCPA) in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/06/severe-blowback-on-effort-to-include-media-cartel-bill-jcpa-in-defense-bill-forces-congressional-leaders-to-remove-from-bill/
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Root cause of the destruction of this country is the formation, operation, and now planned institutionalization of a Media-Big Tech omnipotent State of Governmental Information.

And the GOP caves.....

I give up.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.