Author Topic: Pelosi to ‘address her future’ amid questions on whether she’ll stay as Democrats’ leader  (Read 599 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Pelosi to ‘address her future’ amid questions on whether she’ll stay as Democrats’ leader
by Olafimihan Oshin and Mychael Schnell - 11/17/22 7:24 AM ET

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) will “address her future plans” on Thursday, a top aide said shortly after news broke that Republicans will control the House of Representatives next year.

“@SpeakerPelosi has been overwhelmed by calls from colleagues, friends and supporters. This evening, the Speaker monitored returns in the three remaining critical states,” Pelosi’s deputy chief of staff, Drew Hammill, wrote in a tweet late Wednesday.

“The Speaker plans to address her future plans tomorrow to her colleagues,” Hammill added. “Stay tuned.”

A source told The Hill that Pelosi brought two versions of her speech home with her Wednesday night.

Republicans were projected to regain majority control of the House for the first time since 2018 after The Associated Press called a race in California for incumbent Rep. Mike Garcia (R), giving the GOP a 218th seat in the lower chamber.

Pelosi, 82, has been notably mum on her plans, deflecting questions about where the longtime Democratic leader sees herself in the caucus during the next Congress.

During an interview with ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday, she said she was not commenting “until this election is finished,” but told CNN’s “State of the Union” that her decision would “of course” come before Democrats are scheduled to hold leadership elections at the end of the month.

The Speaker has not, however, hinted at what that decision includes.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3739509-pelosi-to-address-her-future/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

:crossed: Step down Nancy, step down!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
:crossed: Step down Nancy, step down!
Pelosi step down? With her ego, I still say she leaves either dragged out kicking and screaming or in a body bag.

Offline BellyAche

Frankly, I think that there are many octogenarians in both parties that should step down. Nancy is particularly one of them!! Enough with Pelosi.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maria
@eleftheria119
·
18s
Pelosi announces she will continue on as a member of Congress but not seek a leadership position.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michael Beschloss
@BeschlossDC
·
6m
Kevin McCarthy has not bothered to come to the House Chamber to be present for Pelosi's speech.
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Michael Beschloss
@BeschlossDC
·
6m
Kevin McCarthy has not bothered to come to the House Chamber to be present for Pelosi's speech.

So what?

Does that mean he’s going to arrest our children and kill them?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Is Nan angling for that ambassador job? Plenty of wine in Italy for her alcoholic husband.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

So what?

Does that mean he’s going to arrest our children and kill them?

What McCarthy does remains of course to be seen and I wish that someone more conservative was selected.

Offline libertybele

Is Nan angling for that ambassador job? Plenty of wine in Italy for her alcoholic husband.

Hopefully Nan will pucker up and leave politics altogether.  She's done. It's over.

Things would get even better if McConnell finds it necessary to step down -- that would be great news.  :beer:

Offline BellyAche

I guess she thinks that she's done her "life's work" and it's time to hand over the gavel. Off to be a caretaker to husband, lecture, get on Boards, and commentate. I think that she'll be a thorn until she's in a jar on a mantelpiece. I do like the ambassadorship in Italy though. Yes, for the wine and the place tends to be a political mess!  22222frying pan
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline libertybele

Online mountaineer

Her best future probably should include a stay at the Betty Ford Center.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I tip my cap as I welcome @speakerpelosi to the former speaker’s club and congratulate her on a historic career in the House.

— Paul Ryan (@SpeakerRyan) November 17, 2022

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3740179-paul-ryan-welcomes-pelosi-to-the-former-speakers-club/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Tucker Carlson takes a look at Pelosi's greatest hits."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1593419116341256194

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum