Author Topic: Nationwide Cold Wave Continues with Numerous Low Temperature  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Nationwide Cold Wave Continues with Numerous Low Temperature
« on: November 17, 2022, 01:55:06 pm »
Nationwide Cold Wave Continues with Numerous Low Temperature Records Likely to Be Set…Intense Great Lakes Snow Event on The Way
15 hours ago Guest Blogger 53 Comments

The “perfect” scenario for places like Buffalo and Watertown of western New York State to get pummeled by snow in a Great Lakes snow event is for an extended period of time with low-level W-SW winds – and this is definitely on the table for these locations from later Thursday into the upcoming weekend. Map courtesy NOAA, tropicaltidbits.com

Paul Dorian

Overview

Temperatures across the nation on Wednesday morning averaged out to an impressive reading of nearly 12 degrees (F) below-normal for mid-November and no state in the Lower 48 escaped the colder-than-normal chill.  The first widespread snow event of the season took place late Tuesday across the interior, higher elevation locations of the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast US with half of foot of snow recorded in many spots.  The next few days will feature a “Great Lakes snow-making machine” that will be turned on in full force and the result may be several feet of snow in some downstream locations such as Buffalo and Watertown in western New York State.  The nationwide cold wave will continue right through the upcoming weekend.

The nationwide temperature anomaly on Wednesday morning was an impressive nearly 12 degrees (F) below the average for November 16th. The unusually widespread early season cold wave will continue across much of the nation right through the upcoming weekend. Map courtesy NOAA, weathermodels.com (Dr. Ryan Maue, Twitter)

Coast-to-coast cold continues

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/16/nationwide-cold-wave-continues-with-numerous-low-temperature-records-likely-to-be-setintense-great-lakes-snow-event-on-the-way/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson