Author Topic: Todd, Julie Chrisley should face between 10 to 22 years in prison for financial crimes conviction: p  (Read 844 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 16, 2022 7:32pm EST
Todd, Julie Chrisley should face between 10 to 22 years in prison for financial crimes conviction: prosecutors
Todd and Julie Chrisley will attend a sentencing hearing on Monday
By Lauryn Overhultz | Fox News

Todd and Julie Chrisley are facing time in federal prison after being convicted of financial crimes.

Prosecutors in the case are asking the judge to sentence Todd to between 17 and 22 years in prison and Julie to 10 to 13 years in prison, according to court documents obtained by FOX5. 

The couple will appear in court on Monday after being convicted of financial crimes in June.

Todd was convicted of conspiracy to commit bank fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Meanwhile, Julie was convicted of conspiracy to commit bank fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud and conspiracy to defraud the United States. She was also hit with wire fraud and obstruction of justice charges.

The charges the two were convicted of typically carry a sentence anywhere between 10 and 30 years. Prosecutors also want the Chrisleys to pay $20 million, according to the court documents.

Prosecutors alleged that the Chrisleys submitted fake documents to banks when applying for loans. They said Julie Chrisley also submitted a false credit report and fake bank statements when trying to rent a house in California.

They used a company they controlled to hide income to keep the IRS from collecting unpaid taxes owed by Todd Chrisley, prosecutors said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/todd-julie-chrisley-should-face-10-22-years-prison-financial-crimes-conviction-prosecutors
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

I have a friend who had the same accountant.  Because of them, her taxes were called into question because of that accountant's signature on her tax forms.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
 :pondering: Apparently Chrisley didn't know best after all, I guess this means that a return for the 2023 season is out?

Offline Kamaji

Who are these people?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Who are these people?
I really don't know other than they had some reality show, so just another family that for some reason people without lives watched.

Offline Kamaji

I really don't know other than they had some reality show, so just another family that for some reason people without lives watched.

From wikipedia:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrisley_Knows_Best

:facepalm2:

Offline cato potatoe

A suspended sentence may be reasonable if they can repay the damages out of their revenues.  Don't make Nanny Faye visit her delicate son in prison. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
What about their plastic surgeon? He deserves prison time as well.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 21, 2022 7:04pm EST
Todd and Julie Chrisley sentenced to federal prison; reality stars receive combined 19 years behind bars
The Chrisleys maintained their innocence throughout the the investigation where prosecutors alleged they defrauded banks out of $30 million of fraudulent loans
By Lauryn Overhultz , Tracy Wright | Fox News

An Atlanta judge sentenced Todd Chrisley to 12 years in federal prison Monday, and wife Julie Chrisley received seven years after they were both found guilty in a federal tax evasion case. 

Todd and Julie will each have to complete 16 months of probation following the end of their prison sentences.

The couple's report date is set for Jan. 15, 2023, according to FOX 5.

The Chrisleys did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital's request for comment.

It's not clear if they will be able to stagger their sentences. The "Chrisley Knows Best" stars have custody of his 10-year-old granddaughter, Chloe. 

Peter Tarantino, an accountant hired by the Chrisleys, was also found guilty and charged with two counts of willfully filing false tax returns.

Tarantino received three years in prison and will begin his sentence in May following a hip surgery. 

Todd was convicted of conspiracy to commit bank fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Meanwhile, Julie was convicted of conspiracy to commit bank fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud and conspiracy to defraud the United States. She was also hit with wire fraud and obstruction of justice charges.

Their charges typically carry a sentence of anywhere between 10 and 30 years. Prosecutors also wanted the Chrisleys to pay $20 million, according to the court documents.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/todd-julie-chrisley-sentenced-federal-prison-reality-stars-receive-combined-19-years-behind-bars
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm sure this is what the Founders had in mind [/s]

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I only saw bits and pieces of their show when channel surfing.  My take-away on Todd is, he may enjoy his time in prison.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.