Author Topic: DeSantis responds to question about 'GOP civil war': 'People just need to chill out'  (Read 172 times)

Online libertybele

DeSantis responds to question about 'GOP civil war': 'People just need to chill out'

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Wednesday shut down reporters asking about a purported "GOP Civil War" after former President Trump announced his third bid for the White House.

DeSantis, widely seen as Trump's most formidable potential opponent in a Republican presidential primary, dismissed a reporter's question about Republican infighting following the party's mixed results in the 2022 midterm elections, telling reporters to "chill out."

"We just finished this election, OK? People just need to chill out a little bit on some of this stuff," DeSantis said at a press conference.  ............

.................He kept the focus off 2024, reminding the press of the upcoming Dec. 6 showdown between Sen. Raphael Warnock, D-Ga., and Republican challenger Herschel Walker, a race Republicans must win to keep the 50-50 split in the Senate.

"I mean, seriously, we just ran an election. We have this Georgia runoff coming, which is very important for Republicans to win that Georgia runoff. I mean, I know around the country Florida was kind of the biggest bright spot, it was not so bright in many other parts of the country. It was a substandard performance given the dynamics that are at play," DeSantis said..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-responds-question-gop-civil-war-people-just-need-chill-out
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.