Author Topic: Scott out as NRSC chairman after challenging McConnell for Senate GOP leader  (Read 146 times)

Offline Hoodat

Scott out as NRSC chairman after challenging McConnell for Senate GOP leader

Montana Sen. Steve Daines is the new chair of the National Republican Senatorial Committee and Scott is no longer a member of the Senate GOP leadership team

Nicholas Ballasy  |  Updated: November 16, 2022 - 2:17pm

Florida GOP Sen. Rick Scott is no longer the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee after challenging Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for leader of the caucus on Wednesday.

McConnell defeated Scott 37-10.

Montana GOP Sen. Steve Daines was elected the new chair of the NRSC.

McConnell, the longest serving Senate GOP leader, said on Tuesday that he welcomed the challenge from Scott but predicted he had enough votes to win.

“I don’t own this job. Anybody in the conference is certainly entitled to challenge me," McConnell said at the GOP leadership press conference. "And I welcome the contest.”

Scott was "un-invited" to the press conference after announcing his decision to challenge McConnell for the chamber's GOP leaders position, according to Scott's office.  .  .

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/rick-scott-out-nrsc-chair-after-challenging-mcconnell-gop-leader

This is how the game is played.  And our tax dollars finance it all.  The 17th Amendment was the worst thing that ever could have happened to this Republic.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-