Author Topic: Chuck Schumer: Mitch McConnell and I Have ‘Remarkably Similar’ Vision for Future of Republican Party  (Read 392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chuck Schumer: Mitch McConnell and I Have ‘Remarkably Similar’ Vision for Future of Republican Party

Sean Moran 16 Nov 2022

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) reportedly said Wednesday that what he and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) have said about the future of the Republican Party is “remarkably similar.”

The comment comes after Schumer said in an interview with the New York Times he would like Republicans to work with Democrats in the aftermath of the midterm elections.

Schumer’s remarks precede a Senate Republican Conference meeting in which Republicans will have to choose between McConnell and Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL), the outgoing National Republican Senatorial Committee chairman, as the new Senate minority leader.

Scott has made his case to fellow Senate Republicans as McConnell has increasingly made President Joe Biden and the congressional majorities in both chambers more successful

McConnell worked with congressional Democrats to provide the Republican votes necessary to pass various Democrat priorities, such as infrastructure, gun control, and others.

Indeed, as Politico noted, Biden is now one of the most legislatively successful presidents in modern history. And that success comes largely with the help of McConnell and Senate Republicans who helped pass the bills to further Biden’s agenda.

Nineteen Senate Republicans provided Democrats the votes necessary to break past the filibuster and pass the $1.2 trillion so-called infrastructure bill, otherwise known as the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.

Fourteen Senate Republicans voted to pass the CHIPS Act, a bill that would provide subsidies for the profitable semiconductor industry.

Fifteen Senate Republicans voted with Democrats to pass gun control.

Under McConnell, Senate Republicans repeatedly got beaten by Schumer, which led to a historic breaking of the legislative filibuster to protect his “ego.”

McConnell also lost to Democrats on legislative strategy by failing to hold up the CHIPS Act as leverage to prevent congressional Democrats from passing the $700 billion Inflation Reduction Act.

Scott said regarding Senate Republicans’ strategy, “Yesterday’s announcement by Joe Manchin and Chuck Schumer showed again that too many Senate Republicans, unfortunately, trusted Democrats and got duped. Some are pretending to be shocked. It’s not shocking at all.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/16/chuck-schumer-mitch-mcconnell-and-i-have-remarkably-similar-vision-for-future-of-republican-party/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

If true, all the more reason why McConnell should go.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Can't see anyone surprised about this.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Funny, it always and only the GOP that is supposed to be cooperative in a legislative agenda.

Turdle is the worst GOP senate leader of my lifetime.  And I have been keeping up with this stuff since the '60's.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Such a NeverTrumper pair, like we don't see plenty of this on a near everyday posting.  And shamelessly so!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline LMAO

Isn’t it wonderful of the opposition to have a vision in mind for us?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Isn’t it wonderful of the opposition to have a vision in mind for us?

:thumbsup: