Author Topic: CBS, NBC Ignore Judge Axing Title 42, Triggering Possible Surge of Illegal Immigrants  (Read 227 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 ****sheep****
Curtis Houck
November 16th, 2022 11:57 AM

Late Tuesday, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia Judge Emmett Sullivan ruled the border policy Title 42 put into place during the COVID-19 pandemic will be ended, triggering what is likely to be another tsunami of illegal immigrants flooding across the U.S.-Mexico border and a further strain on border towns. Not surprisingly, the liberal networks showed little interest with CBS and NBC ignoring it on their Tuesday night and Wednesday morning news shows.

ABC’s Good Morning America was the only flagship network newscast to cover the impending flood. In the lead-up to the one-minute-and-15-second report from correspondent Mireya Villarreal, host Robin Roberts said Sullivan “[struck] down a Trump-era order could lead to thousands more potential asylum seekers entering the country” with border towns “bracing for the influx.”

Villarreal called this “definitely a big deal” as, even with Title 42 having been in place, we’ve still been “seeing a record number of migrant encounters along the southern border and our sources are worried this could create another surge of people seeking asylum.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2022/11/16/cbs-nbc-ignore-judge-axing-title-42-triggering-possible-surge
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The same Emmet Sullivan that was the judge for the Mike Flynn case and only dropped it after Mike was pardoned.

Curious to see if it is overturned or not.
The Republic is lost.