Author Topic: Gov. Greg Abbott declares formal invasion underway at Texas-Mexico border  (Read 183 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gov. Greg Abbott declares formal invasion underway at Texas-Mexico border

The freshly reelected governor invoked state and federal laws while outlining new plans to police the border.
Ariana Garcia

Updated: Nov. 15, 2022 3:08 p.m.
Gov. Greg Abbott announced Monday that he has invoked the Invasion Clauses of the U.S. and and Texas Constitutions to formally declare immigration from Mexico as an invasion.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has invoked the Invasion Clauses of the U.S. and Texas Constitutions to formally declare illegal immigration at the state's Mexico border an invasion. In a letter sent out Monday, Abbott notified county judges along the Texas-Mexico border that he will "fully authorize Texas to take unprecedented measures to defend our state against an invasion." The recently reelected governor also shared portions of the letter on Twitter Tuesday morning.

In the letter, Abbott outlined steps that will be taken by the state under his constitutional authority to "keep the state and country safe," which include deploying the National Guard and Texas Department of Public Safety to arrest and turn away immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border, building a border wall along counties on the border, deploying gun boats to secure the border, entering agreements with other U.S. states and foreign powers to enhance border security, and providing resources for border counties to increase their efforts to respond to the border "invasion."

I invoked the Invasion Clauses of the U.S. & Texas Constitutions to fully authorize Texas to take unprecedented measures to defend our state against an invasion.

https://www.chron.com/politics/article/greg-abbott-texas-border-invasion-17586611.php
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson