Author Topic: German offshore wind is not an example to follow  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
German offshore wind is not an example to follow
« on: November 16, 2022, 04:14:40 pm »
German offshore wind is not an example to follow
By Bonner Cohen, Ph. D. |November 15th, 2022|Energy|34 

We’re supposed to learn from our mistakes, but let’s face it, as often as not we don’t. If we’re not willing to face up to our own blunders, why not take note of others’ miscues?

The Biden administration is hot to trot to install giant, industrial-scale wind facilities along the U.S. East Coast, and bureaucrats at the Interior Department, which has jurisdiction over such things, are eager to sign off on new projects. But if they really had the best interests of taxpayers, ratepayers, and the environment in mind, they would ask themselves how things have worked out in Germany, which is ahead of the U.S. in offshore wind development.

Germany’s experience has not been a happy one.

Two decades into its much-acclaimed “Energiewende” (energy transition), Germany’s loving embrace of wind (and solar) has been a complete failure. And nowhere has that failure been more obvious than in offshore wind.

https://www.cfact.org/2022/11/15/german-offshore-wind-is-not-an-example-to-follow/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=german-offshore-wind-is-not-an-example-to-follow
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson