Author Topic: 11 police recruits critically injured after vehicle plows into group  (Read 793 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 16, 2022 10:32am EST
11 police recruits critically injured after vehicle plows into group
Police have a diver in custody and 10 ambulances arrived at the scene
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

At least 11 law enforcement recruits have been injured, at least two critically, after a vehicle plowed into them while out on a morning run.

The recruits have been rushed to hospitals, and authorities have detained a suspect believed to be the driver of the vehicle, according to Fox 11. The California Highway Patrol says the incident took place at roughly 6:30 a.m. local time.

The recruits are reportedly attendees of the Sheriff’s Training Academy and Regional Services (STARS) Center in Whittier, California. Whittier is a suburb of Los Angeles.

Authorities have yet to release further details on the incident.

https://twitter.com/AlexandriaHrndz/status/1592897667386208257

https://www.foxnews.com/us/11-police-recruits-critically-injured-vehicle-plows-group

This is a developing story. Check back soon for updates.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: 11 police recruits critically injured after vehicle plows into group
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 04:56:18 pm »
22 LA sheriff’s recruits on morning run injured after group mowed down by car
 By Emily Crane   
November 16, 2022 10:30am
At least 22 Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department recruits were injured, including five critically, after a vehicle plowed into them while they were out on a training run early Wednesday, authorities said.

The recruits were out running along Mills Avenue in Whittier just before 6.30 a.m. when the horrific crash unfolded. 

In addition to the critically injured, four recruits suffered moderate injuries and 14 others were left with minor injuries, according to the LA County Fire Department. ...
More, including photos.
Officials seem not to be sure whether it was an intentional act. The driver was injured.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 06:51:31 pm »
     Nov 16, 2022
SHOCKING: Video captures driver in SUV slamming into law enforcement recruits in California
"Some recruits are saying they heard the car accelerating, they estimate around 30 to 40 miles per hour. You can see how little reaction time that allows someone."
Ari Hoffman
New surveillance video was released Wednesday evening that showed the moment a wrong-way driver plowed into a group of law-enforcement recruits in a suburb of Los Angeles on Wednesday.

The footage, taken from a camera in a nearby resident's backyard shows a group of several dozen sheriff’s department recruits wearing white T-shirts jogging in formation alongside a residential street. ...
Post Millennial

Offline mrclose

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 03:17:03 pm »
Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez, who was charged with attempted murder of a peace officer, was released at 9:49 p.m.

Police admit they have the right guy but need more time to gather more evidence!!

What kind of crap is this!?

https://nypost.com/2022/11/18/nicholas-joseph-gutierrez-released-after-mowing-down-la-sheriffs-recruits/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 03:24:52 pm »
Who is Gutierrez related to?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 03:26:56 pm »
Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez, who was charged with attempted murder of a peace officer, was released at 9:49 p.m.

Police admit they have the right guy but need more time to gather more evidence!!

What kind of crap is this!?

https://nypost.com/2022/11/18/nicholas-joseph-gutierrez-released-after-mowing-down-la-sheriffs-recruits/
But he said he was sorry....  /S

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2022, 03:28:43 pm »
Who is Gutierrez related to?

Most of Honduras or Guatemala, I would guess...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2022, 04:40:58 pm »
No biggy, I'm sure that this guy will stick around waiting for investigators to gather enough evidence to charge him and not say skip out back accross the border to disappear for a year or two before he returns under a new name. Gosh, I wonder if his release was another Gascon success story?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2022, 04:45:56 pm »
Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez, suspect accused of mowing down 25 LA sheriff’s recruits on morning run, released from jail
By Yaron Steinbuch   
November 18, 2022 6:36am
NY Post
The 22-year-old man who was arrested for allegedly mowing down dozens of Los Angeles sheriff’s recruits deliberately with his SUV, leaving several critically injured, has been released from jail to allow police to gather more evidence.

Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez, who was charged with attempted murder of a peace officer, was released at 9:49 p.m. Thursday, according to jail records that cited an insufficient complaint, CNN reported.

“Due to the extreme complexity of the investigation, which includes ongoing interviews, video surveillance review, and additional evidence needed to be analyzed, homicide investigators have released Mr. Gutierrez from the Sheriff’s Department custody,” authorities said in a release.

LA County Sheriff’s Deputy Deanna Mares told CNN that Gutierrez was sprung because investigators need more time to collect evidence for the district attorney’s office. ...

Offline Mod2

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2022, 04:57:08 pm »
Threads merged

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2022, 08:07:49 pm »
November 18, 2022 1:46pm EST
Driver in wrong-way Whittier crash released hours after arrest for allegedly slamming into sheriff's recruits
Accused California wrong-way driver released hours after being charged with 'attempted murder of peace officer(s)'

By Stephanie Pagones | Fox News

California police officials have released the wrong-way driver accused of plowing his SUV into a group of police recruits and staff earlier this week, citing the "extreme complexity" of the ongoing case.

Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez, 22, was released from police custody late Thursday — just hours after officials announced that he had been charged with attempted murder in connection with Wednesday’s devastating wrong-way wreck.

In a shocking reversal, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said early Friday morning that the agency had released Gutierrez just before 10 p.m. local time Thursday. 

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/driver-wrong-way-whittier-crash-released-hours-arrest-allegedly-slamming-sheriffs-recruits
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2022, 10:03:15 pm »
2020:
Defund the police.

2022:
Run down the police...
(and get away with it)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2022, 10:09:12 pm »
Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez, 22

I can't be the only one wondering when he is going to disappear into Mexico,and then return with a new name.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2022, 10:15:46 pm »
I can't be the only one wondering when he is going to disappear into Mexico,and then return with a new name.
I'm sure a lot of us did, I know I did. I was also thinking after his release that it would sure be a shame if something painful and fatal happened to him, like many parts of LA county the streets can be a dangerous place, for law abiding and criminal alike...if you know what I mean.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2022, 10:26:47 pm »
WND 11/18/2022

Spent only hours in custody before being freed

He's already out of jail.

After spending only a few hours in custody, the 22-year-old man suspected of a wrong-way driving incident in which he hit dozens of police trainees, Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez is back on the streets as of late Thursday evening.

He had been taken into custody only hours earlier – for the attempted murder of peace officers.

According to a Fox affiliate in Los Angeles, the suspect is thought to be the driver that plowed into 25 law enforcement recruits in Los Angeles County.

More: https://www.wnd.com/2022/11/released-driver-suspected-running-dozens-police-trainees-gets-jail/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2022, 10:44:32 pm »
I'm sure a lot of us did, I know I did. I was also thinking after his release that it would sure be a shame if something painful and fatal happened to him, like many parts of LA county the streets can be a dangerous place, for law abiding and criminal alike...if you know what I mean.

@GtHawk

There were very good reasons why I considered becoming a cop for at least 30 seconds after getting out of the army.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2022, 11:28:52 pm »

@GtHawk

There were very good reasons why I considered becoming a cop for at least 30 seconds after getting out of the army.
I had two reason for changing my plans to become a police officer after high school, the first was...the psych exam because I'm a kind of eye for an eye guy when it comes to crimes like rape, pedophilia, murder, especially when there is no doubt. the second reason was that there was a bad period of police being suckered and then ambushed going on in the years back then.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2022, 02:14:34 am »
I had two reason for changing my plans to become a police officer after high school, the first was...the psych exam because I'm a kind of eye for an eye guy when it comes to crimes like rape, pedophilia, murder, especially when there is no doubt. the second reason was that there was a bad period of police being suckered and then ambushed going on in the years back then.

@GtHawk

I had two very good reasons to refuse the job.

1:I would have gotten into trouble for tying child rapists to the rear bumper of my patrol car and towing them to the station.

2:People I arrested for abusing animals,especially household animals would have likely received the same treatment.

Either would have disqualified me in MY mind,and both would no doubt be a step too far.

I am very old-fashioned in some respects. One is that if I agree to take a job,I do the job to the best of my ability and in a manner that pleases my boss.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2022, 06:35:08 pm »
Man accused of deliberately driving into L.A. Co sheriff’s recruits already back on the streets
November 19, 2022 | Melissa Fine |  Print Article

The suspect arrested on Wednesday and accused of deliberately driving his car into a group of Los Angeles County Sheriff’s recruits has been set free, sparking outrage and disgust on social media.

As BizPac Review reported, Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez, 22, allegedly drove the wrong way down the road and rammed his Honda CRV into a group of roughly 75 jogging recruits on a training run near Whittier, Cal. Twenty-five cadets were injured, five of them, critically.

At the time, L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva called the gruesome scene a “horrific incident,” a tragedy, and a “deliberate act.”

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/11/19/man-accused-of-deliberately-driving-into-l-a-co-sheriffs-recruits-already-back-on-the-streets-1310769/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline Mod2

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2022, 06:44:31 pm »
Threads merged