Author Topic: Winter Warning to Biden Administration (New England energy shortages ahead?)  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Winter Warning to Biden Administration (New England energy shortages ahead?)
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- November 15, 2022

“Natural gas shortages and reliability concerns in New England are neither short-term, nor unanticipated…. ISO-New England and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission have for many months called attention to the very real reliability issues likely to face the region in the coming winter months due to insufficient supply of natural gas.”

“New England power plants generated an estimated 4.18 million metric tons of CO2 in January 2022, up from 2.77 million metric tons in January 2021, with the region’s heavier reliance on oil accounting for most of the difference.” (INGAA, below)

Government intervention creates emergencies and shortages unlike self-interested transactions within a true free market. This was true a century ago with World War I planning; and it remains true today.

The 1970s oil and gas shortages should have taught politicians that price and allocation controls do not work. Infrastructure obstructionism can cause price spikes and physical shortages too, as demand outraces supply.

https://www.masterresource.org/new-england-energy-policy/72348/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Modern humans are pure shells of our ancestors.

When I saw that Texans died in the freeze without electricity a few years ago, I was shocked that we actually have Darwin Award types who can't figure out how not to freeze to death.

With that......  New England gets about 30 degrees colder than Texas.  Wonder what the carnage will be if this pans out?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.