Author Topic: Mike Pence: Dan Quayle and Al Gore his role models, not Trump  (Read 1172 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mike Pence: Dan Quayle and Al Gore his role models, not Trump
« on: November 16, 2022, 02:44:37 pm »
by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist |
November 15, 2022 01:44 PM

Recalling how former Vice Presidents Al Gore and Dan Quayle fulfilled their roles in certifying elections they lost was much more influential in former Vice President Mike Pence’s ceremonial ending of the 2020 campaign than his boss, former President Donald Trump.

In one of several interviews to promote his new book, Pence said he looked to the examples of Quayle and Gore in deciding to certify the election of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris on Jan. 6, 2021.

On SiriusXM’s Julie Mason Mornings today, Pence said that he received some advice from Quayle, who lost his job in the 1992 election when he ran with former President George H.W. Bush against Bill Clinton and Gore.

“I was grateful that Vice President Quayle said that, when we spoke, that he was simply confirming what I already intended to do, and it was all born of the belief in my heart as a student of the Constitution and a student of history, as I recount in my book, that, you know, the presidency belongs to the American people and to the American people alone,” said Pence.

And he said that he recalled how Gore played his role after losing his presidential bid to George W. Bush in 2000 and after a long recount.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/mike-pence-dan-quayle-al-gore-his-role-models-not-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Mike Pence: Dan Quayle and Al Gore his role models, not Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 02:49:41 pm »
Al Gore?  Seriously?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 02:56:33 pm »

That explains a lot, doesn't it?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 03:00:54 pm »
Sounds right to me. Pence was never anything more than a surrender monkey.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 03:13:50 pm »

Yes, yes it does.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 03:29:39 pm »
Al Gore?  Seriously?

The same algore manbearpig who is the God Father of the Global Warming Scam?

Pence....   words have consequences, and you just stepped in a pile of dung .....big time.  F Off....  permanently.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 03:48:06 pm »
Yes Algore  :patriot: the fortunate son who tried to use progressive judges and dried-up snowbirds to swipe a presidential election.  And while he did concede after putting the country through a month of hell, he later transitioned into a crazy person.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 03:50:46 pm »
Gore only conceded because the courts had to end his never ending recounts that including attempts to change how ballots were counted in the 3 most Democrat counties in Fla
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 03:51:52 pm »
Yes Algore  :patriot: the fortunate son who tried to use progressive judges and dried-up snowbirds to swipe a presidential election.  And while he did concede after putting the country through a month of hell, he later transitioned into a crazy person.

Wonder if Pence realizes that one 10 second soundbite on Gore cost him any,  I mean any chance of getting the '24 nomination?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 06:29:44 pm »
While I think Quayle got a raw deal in the media calling him a role model not to mention that POS Algore the idiot global warming cultist is just plain asinine. I think Bugs said it best...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2022, 12:40:12 am »
Mr. Pence, step right into these shoes.
I predict they'll fit you to a "t".

(Their last owner was Jeb Bush...)

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2022, 12:46:58 am »
Wonder if Pence realizes that one 10 second soundbite on Gore cost him any,  I mean any chance of getting the '24 nomination?

That's right. How far he has fallen. I don't know anyone that will vote for him after that.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2022, 12:59:59 am »
 I never ever liked Pence and for the life of me, I never could figure out why Trump selected him.  He was a terrible choice. (He still reminds me of Lurch from the Addams family).

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2022, 01:08:29 am »
I never ever liked Pence and for the life of me, I never could figure out why Trump selected him. 

For the 501st time, Reince Priebus, Chairman of the RNC, selected Pence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2022, 01:28:40 am »
No sh*t.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2022, 01:31:39 am »

For the 502nd time Trump is responsible for who he selected and was an absolute fool to play into Preibus' hands.  Yes indeed, Ronna was another great Trump choice!  *****rollingeyes*****

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2022, 01:50:28 am »
Claims to be righteous, idolizes scumbags, thinks he has the right to criticize conservatives, and keeps talking when he's lost all credibility.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2022, 01:51:51 am »
For the 502nd time Trump is responsible for who he selected and was an absolute fool to play into Preibus' hands.  Yes indeed, Ronna was another great Trump choice!  *****rollingeyes*****
Projection: When you make the (often flawed) assumption that those who surround you who claim to be on the same team are actually working with you, and not working against you. It's like making the assumption that the CDC FDA NIAID all existed to actually do something to stop diseases and not line their pockets at the expense of millions of lives.

Trump's biggest mistakes:

Thinking that the GOP would work with him to clean up DC when they are part of the problem.

Trusting entrenched Party 'advisors' to be on board and not give him swamp critters for appointment lists.

Failure to critically review the pronouncements of the CDC/FDA/NIAID/ COVID bunch in light of suppressed material.

Believing (as did most Americans) that the CDC/FDA/NIAID et. al. were acting in the best interests of the American People (and humanity everywhere), evenly and scientifically evaluating all possible treatments and courses of action instead of censoring successful treatments to push through dangerous injections as a "vaccine" which did not work, were experimental, ill tested, and as it turns out potentially dangerous. Millions died unnecessarily, and NO ONE wanted to believe that these charlatans would put profit and power above humanity, despite history being loaded with people who have done just that.

That it could and did happen here was unthinkable--and that his VEEP would be at the head of that 5th column was even more unlikely in the minds of the average American.

Trumps biggest mistakes involved hiring the wrong people and not firing them fast enough. Even the effing military was pulling stuff behind his back (Milley on the phone with the Chinese stating to a potential enemy that he would stop a strategic launch or at least give them a half hour notice--TREASON!.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2022, 02:34:33 am »
That's not how it works. Of course, you won't admit it, but you full well know that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2022, 03:14:12 am »
That's not how it works. Of course, you won't admit it, but you full well know that.

That's exactly how it worked.  Preibus chose Pence to shore up support among Christian conservatives.  Now stop trying to be the class smart-ass and go to bed. 

@jmyrlefuller

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2022, 03:54:06 am »
Projection: When you make the (often flawed) assumption that those who surround you who claim to be on the same team are actually working with you, and not working against you. It's like making the assumption that the CDC FDA NIAID all existed to actually do something to stop diseases and not line their pockets at the expense of millions of lives.

Trump's biggest mistakes:

Thinking that the GOP would work with him to clean up DC when they are part of the problem.

Trusting entrenched Party 'advisors' to be on board and not give him swamp critters for appointment lists.

Failure to critically review the pronouncements of the CDC/FDA/NIAID/ COVID bunch in light of suppressed material.

Believing (as did most Americans) that the CDC/FDA/NIAID et. al. were acting in the best interests of the American People (and humanity everywhere), evenly and scientifically evaluating all possible treatments and courses of action instead of censoring successful treatments to push through dangerous injections as a "vaccine" which did not work, were experimental, ill tested, and as it turns out potentially dangerous. Millions died unnecessarily, and NO ONE wanted to believe that these charlatans would put profit and power above humanity, despite history being loaded with people who have done just that.

That it could and did happen here was unthinkable--and that his VEEP would be at the head of that 5th column was even more unlikely in the minds of the average American.

Trumps biggest mistakes involved hiring the wrong people and not firing them fast enough. Even the effing military was pulling stuff behind his back (Milley on the phone with the Chinese stating to a potential enemy that he would stop a strategic launch or at least give them a half hour notice--TREASON!.)

I sat and watched and shook my head at some of those he hired; I still wonder how involved Kushner was in all of this.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 04:01:08 am by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2022, 03:58:14 am »
That's exactly how it worked.  Preibus chose Pence to shore up support among Christian conservatives.  Now stop trying to be the class smart-ass and go to bed. 

@jmyrlefuller

Ok Priebus may have selected Pence for whatever reason and Trump listened to Priebus the slimeball who Trump thought could give him the victory he wanted but Pence was ultimately still Trump's choice.  Trump failed at his own "Art of the Deal", not once but many times.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2022, 05:27:13 am »
While it was well known to all that Pence is a Left-leaning RINO, what kind of a person of ANY political stripe would quote Dan Quayle and Al Gore in 2022? WTF? LOL! Most young people today have no idea who these people are (or were). And the few who do know these guys from history would never call them 'role models' for anyone.

Most Leftists have left the "Global Warming Prophet of DOOM" Al Gore behind, because he is an obviously corrupt hypocrite and has a record of being wrong 100% of the time. This is a pretty wacky thing to say.

All this proves is that Pence is more Democrat than Republican, his ideas and mindset are stuck in the 1990s, and it shows clearly that he is a card carrying full fledge member of the Uniparty and the Swamp.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2022, 06:16:04 am »
Ok Priebus may have selected Pence for whatever reason and Trump listened to Priebus the slimeball who Trump thought could give him the victory he wanted but Pence was ultimately still Trump's choice.  Trump failed at his own "Art of the Deal", not once but many times.

I sometimes wish citizens should be required to do a three year tour of duty in Washington, DC rotating between working for membrs of Congress, large donors, political consultants, pollsters, lobbyists,  PACs. The one question asked during the exit interview should be:  'Name the three people you most trust'.  Hint:  This is a trick question.

It takes years, sometimes decades, to trust your instincts and recognize the real power players across this town ----- and their goals.   Trump was a true outsider  ---  at the mercy of the Uniparty.  Priebus made the best choice from among the willing to secure GOP acceptance and end another ongoing internal battle.

The "it was Trump's choice' and 'Trump chose poorly" mantras are grossly unfair ----- and in those using these mantras vindictively, it exposes their profound misunderstanding of what "deep state" truly means.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 06:52:51 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2022, 06:48:09 am »
'Name the three people you most trust'.  Hint:  This is a trick question.

Easy answer: NONE. Ever.

The "it was Trump's choice' and 'Trump chose poorly" mantras are grossly unfair and expose a profound misunderstanding of what 'deep state' truly means in those using this mantra vindictively.

Forever blameless  *****rollingeyes*****