Author Topic: US missile defense requires greater investment, modernization, expert says  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US missile defense requires greater investment, modernization, expert says
Peter Aitken - 5h ago

The U.S. must invest more in its missile defense system to prepare for the growing and advancing threat of weapons capabilities as China and other nations start to acquire hypersonic weapon capabilities, a missile defense advocate told Fox News Digital.

"We're below one and a half percent of our defense budget on defensive capabilities," said Riki Ellison, former NFL linebacker and founder of the Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance. "That's pretty ridiculous. The most vocal is the Department of Defense because that's what it is. So, we are way off balance with lack of defensive capabilities."

Most people wouldn’t see missile defense as the next step following retirement from professional sports, but three-time Super Bowl champ Ellison, born in New Zealand, had worked for Lockheed Martin in Sunnyvale to work on the atmospheric re-entry system.

When he wasn’t training for the NFL, Ellison was working on the second-ever hit-to-kill intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) interceptor system.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-missile-defense-requires-greater-investment-modernization-expert-says/ar-AA14aelO?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=85dccf6c88214984857c7acbc2fa1c1b
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 12:32:47 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US missile defense requires greater investment, modernization, expert says
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 12:36:59 pm »
Do we take care of our own defense needs before or after the needs of everyone else?  With this administration, military and civilian, it has to be everyone else first.  To do otherwise would be too Trump-like. :reaper:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson