Author Topic: Here's the real reason Trump wants to announce his candidacy now — and it's not about money  (Read 272 times)

Offline libertybele

I think this article is spot on. He went after DeSantis and Youngkin and I believe he is in panic mode.

Here's the real reason Trump wants to announce his candidacy now — and it's not about money

On Tuesday, writing for The Bulwark, former U.S. Attorney and Lawyers Defending American Democracy counsel Dennis Aftergut highlighted what he believes to be the core reason that former President Donald Trump is so eager to announce his 2024 presidential campaign as soon as possible...............

..............."It seems likely that indictments are on their way from Fulton County, Georgia, District Attorney Fani Willis (over Trump’s interference in the 2020 election in Georgia) and from Attorney General Merrick Garland (over Trump’s purloined national security secrets taken to Mar-a-Lago)," wrote Aftergut. "By formally becoming a presidential candidate, Trump thinks he’ll get an edge on prosecutors. He craves his narrative: 'Dems are trying to take down an announced Republican candidate for President. UNPRECEDENTED!'"

Unfortunately for Trump, noted Aftergut, this strategy could blow up in his face: "First, the country just sent an unmistakable message that his brand is burnt, at least for now. In a midterm election where the out-of-power party always suffers massive losses, Trump’s marquee 'election-denier' candidates were losers ... Second, Republicans are angry at Trump, blaming him for their poor showing in the midterms. Allowing time for the heat to drop would serve him well." And then there is the fact that the Republican National Committee has made clear it will stop funding Trump's legal defense if he is a presidential candidate, depriving him of enormous amounts of money he is getting right now.

"Trump giving up a dollar sooner than he has to is sure confirmation of fear," concluded Aftergut. "He hears the heavy footfall of the constable closing in behind him. He can’t stay still. He has to run."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/here-s-the-real-reason-trump-wants-to-announce-his-candidacy-now-and-it-s-not-about-money/ar-AA148vIg?cvid=3c02086aed7a4c1ca2ffe43e66f67cbd
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 02:02:27 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Does he really think that the leftists aren't going to keep him from running?  What about all the lawsuits??  What about the RNC withholding $$ for his defense??

I forsee his running as a complete fiasco.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Does he really think that the leftists aren't going to keep him from running?  What about all the lawsuits??  What about the RNC withholding $$ for his defense??

I forsee his running as a complete fiasco.
I think he knows the score:

The Democrats have been desperately (increasingly so) trying to find something, anything, with which he can be charged as a crime to keep him from ever holding office again. That includes setting up a fishing expedition based on known nonsense to try to impeach him and have it stick, which failed twice. It includes the attacks on everyone who would not turn on Trump and assert some infraction, no matter how small or nebulous. It includes setting up a moment of weakened security around the  Capitol, by declining reinforcements to security, by importing ANTIFAs, by populating the crowd with people on the government payroll to incite, coach, and develop an incident, and even the security breach of opening the Capitol doors and letting the crowd in, and then holding interminable hearings with a go-zillion announcements of the next gotcha, all of which have amounted to squat.

After seven years of unrelenting attacks and investigations, still NOTHING. The GOPe is just as adamant about removing Trump from influence, and literally, elements on both sides are on the attack, and have been, either surreptitiously (GOPe) or right in people's faces, and the MSM working overtime with egregious and unsubstantiated attacks.

The swamp has been slinging mud from before he was elected in 2016. Now, he may well have that in his karma. To be sure, he did plenty of mudslinging against his opponents in the primary that year--New York Rules, and all that, and it's why I did not vote for Trump in 2016, even in the face of a charging Hildebeast.

This election, If he backed a candidate, the RNC pulled funding and sent it to some RINO or hopeless cause out of spite, regardless of the effect that might have on the balance in Congress. Cutting off one's nose to spite the face might seem ill guided, but it preserves the Rino cadre in DC and keeps those nasty TEA party/MAGA types from upsetting the Country Club applecart--something which may have dampened the crest of the 'red wave'--and it was done so Trump could not take any credit for victory, or in extremis, so Trump could be blamed for anything which could be portrayed as failure. 

In reality, although there were a couple of bad picks in that crowd, of the host of candidates that got the Trump stamp of approval, only a relatively small percentage (some seven percent is the number I have seen) failed to be elected.

Ninety three percent is a pretty good success rate, one which, frankly, blows other endorsers out of the water.

Looking back, yes, Trump made a bunch of mistakes. He trusted advisors and others he should have been able to trust. Especially in medical matters, I think that proved to be a grievous error in hindsight. He needs to surround himself with people who will do the digging to ensure that the information he is given is correct, and that dissenting viewpoints are at least examined in order to increase the chances of getting valid information.
Had that been the case, perhaps the disaster of COVID would have been dealt with with greater perspective and far less damage, and trillions in aid to Americans would have never gone out to people who would not have lost jobs, businesses, or educational opportunities at the behest of agencies we all thought we could trust.

As for the RNC withholding money, sure they will. After all, the GOPe still holds the purse, and that's part of the reason everyone seems to be having fits that since candidates who presented a threat to RINOs had funding stripped out from underneath them in close races.

Take note from the oppostition(s) (yes, plural).
The ongoing passive/aggressive style of those in the GOP who want to keep their little cumshaw/baksheesh games with the DNC going, the howling totalitarian insanity of the far Left,  This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. 

Blame this one, blame that one, but all I am seeing spells the loss of this great republic because people don't have the stick-to-it-iveness to pick a course of action and keep going with it.
The bleep communists have been working on this bullshit since the 1920s.

That's a hundred years, folks. If you can't hang in there for a couple of election cycles, if you are so infused with the politics of instantaneous gratification, it's time for you to just embrace your chains, lie down and kiss your master's asses so you get used to the taste.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis