Author Topic: Amazon starts cutting jobs, with layoffs hitting Alexa unit and cloud gaming division  (Read 548 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CNBC by Annie Palmer 11/15/2022

Amazon starts cutting jobs, with layoffs hitting Alexa unit and cloud gaming division

Key Points

•   Amazon has begun laying off employees in its corporate and tech workforce.

•   CEO Andy Jassy has moved aggressively to cut costs across Amazon, and the company previously said it would freeze hiring in its corporate workforce.

Amazon

on Tuesday began laying off employees in its corporate and tech workforce as CEO Andy Jassy steps up efforts to rein in costs.

The company notified workers in several divisions, including Alexa and the Luna cloud gaming unit, that they were being let go, according to LinkedIn posts from Amazon employees who said they had been impacted.

Amazon is aiming to eliminate about 10,000 jobs, mostly in retail, devices and human resources, The New York Times reported Monday. The number remains fluid because the cuts are being implemented by individual teams, according to the Times.

By mid-day Tuesday, Amazon had not sent out any companywide communication about the planned layoffs, which sparked frustration among employees, according to a person familiar with the matter who asked not to be named because of confidentiality.

Representatives from Amazon declined to comment.

More: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/15/amazon-starts-cutting-jobs-in-alexa-unit-and-cloud-gaming-division.html

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Got to wonder how much of the "Alexa" related layoffs are associated to reduced sales and people turning off what is and has become an intrusive device.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Noticed they waited a few days after the elections?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Noticed they waited a few days after the elections?

As was the interesting timing of the FTX collapse.   Nothing to see here.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Wait, Amazon is cutting jobs, when will we here about dem demands for an investigation like when Bookface and Musk's Twitter did? Oh that's right Bookface and Amazon are democrat owned big democrat donors so...