Author Topic: Don v Ron: It's ON! DeSantis finally breaks his silence to take a shot at Trump by telling him to 'c  (Read 805 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Don v Ron: It's ON! DeSantis finally breaks his silence to take a shot at Trump by telling him to 'check out the scoreboard from Tuesday night' - hours before ex-President's big announcement at Mar-a-Lago

Florida Governor DeSantis called out 'the corporate media' when asked about Donald Trump's recent spate of criticism against him
    But it appeared that DeSantis was taking a veiled jab at Trump while suggesting he was unfazed by the former president's attacks
    Republicans swept Florida in the midterm elections but did poorly elsewhere
    'At the end of the day, I would just tell people to check out the scoreboard from last Tuesday night,' DeSantis said on Tuesday
    Trump is expected to be announcing he's running for president again on Tuesday

By Elizabeth Elkind, Politics Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 12:30 EST, 15 November 2022 | Updated: 13:17 EST, 15 November 2022

Republican Florida Governor Ron DeSantis dismissed Donald Trump's recent spate of angry attacks against him as 'noise' and touted his own strong election record in the 2022 midterms during a press conference on Tuesday.

DeSantis fired back at the former president hours before Trump is expected to announce another campaign for the White House at his Mar-a-Lago estate on Tuesday night.

It's the latest hit in the two GOP giants' Sunshine State turf war, and a larger fight for control of the Republican Party.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11431331/Ron-DeSantis-Trump-Mar-Lago-announcement.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Darn it!  I was hoping that Ron would just ignore Trump. This spat is not going to end well for the GOP. The last thing the party needs is more division.

This also leads me to believe that Ron will be running in '24.

Well, score one for DeSantis for his stellar re-election and score one against Trump for going after him for absolutely no reason other than a bruised ego.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Darn it!  I was hoping that Ron would just ignore Trump. This spat is not going to end well for the GOP. The last thing the party needs is more division.

This also leads me to believe that Ron will be running in '24.

Well, score one for DeSantis for his stellar re-election and score one against Trump for going after him for absolutely no reason other than a bruised ego.

Read it closely. Sounds like he was hacking on the media.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Yup.

Asked about that criticism on Tuesday, DeSantis suggested he was unfazed - but went out of his way to target 'the corporate media' more directly than the former president.

'When you're leading, when you're getting things done, yeah you take incoming fire - that's just the nature of it,' DeSantis said.

'I roll out of bed in the morning, I've got corporate media outlets just having a spasm over the fact that I'm getting up in the morning. And it's constantly attacking, and this is just what's happened.'
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

I argee with the view that DeSantis didn't so much respond to Trump as he did to the media.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This was timed for Trump's announcement to deflate it a bit.

Also says DeSantis has not closed the door to '24.
The Republic is lost.

Online LMAO

This spat is not going to end well for the GOP. The last thing the party needs is more division.

Actually this is a good thing and it is what the GOP needs
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online cato potatoe

Although couched in criticism of the media, the scoreboard reference most definitely was aimed at Trump.  Donald ought to be on an exotic vacation instead of running his mouth in public.  Nancy Pelosi would have kept the gavel were it not for DeSantis, who vetoed the republican-drawn congressional map and submitted one of his own.  At that point, the legislature could either surrender or refer the process to a judge.  DeSantis played hardball and won. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

Don v Ron: It's ON! DeSantis finally breaks his silence to take a shot at Trump by telling him to 'check out the scoreboard from Tuesday night' - hours before ex-President's big announcement at Mar-a-Lago

Raheem J. Kassam
@RaheemKassam

Be acutely aware that DeSantis doesn’t blame McConnell, Emmer, Ronna, the election cheats, or anything REALLY to do with the Mid terms underperformance.

Sus af tbh

1:20 PM · Nov 16, 2022  Twitter for iPhone

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Raheem J. Kassam
@RaheemKassam

Be acutely aware that DeSantis doesn’t blame McConnell, Emmer, Ronna, the election cheats, or anything REALLY to do with the Mid terms underperformance.

Sus af tbh

1:20 PM · Nov 16, 2022  Twitter for iPhone

Someon who knows when to pick his fights. 

I like him better already.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, this whole thing reeks of the snotnoses on a playground getting the big kids to fight.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I argee with the view that DeSantis didn't so much respond to Trump as he did to the media.

@Kamaji

That doesn'tmean the media isn't going to turn it into a bitch-fight,or that most people who read the media reports will believe them.

Truth to tell,ignorance and the media are our biggest enemies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

@Kamaji

That doesn'tmean the media isn't going to turn it into a bitch-fight,or that most people who read the media reports will believe them.

Truth to tell,ignorance and the media are our biggest enemies.

With all the phony mis and disinformation the media is spreading today, I have a rule.  I believe nothing the news reports until I am satisfied it is a true fact.  It follows that I must hold back making hasty public comments that could, when the truth finally comes out, make me look like a damn fool.