Author Topic: LIVE: President Trump's 2024 Announcement  (Read 6754 times)

Offline BellyAche

Re: LIVE: President Trump's 2024 Announcement
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2022, 05:57:58 pm »
I think that the MAGA agenda is somewhat engrained into the Republican party at this point. Because of this, it will survive Trump. If he had formed a third party ala Teddy Roosevelt's Progressives (aka Bull Moose) party, the agenda would die with Trump as it did with TR. But it's now part of the second major party in the U.S. so I don't think that the faithful will let it die on the vine when Trump is long gone. His persona has enflamed too much of population that's found its voice.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2022, 05:59:14 pm »
The Left is so confident that they can "beat" Trump that they want to abuse the law to ban him from running for president.— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) November 16, 2022

« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2022, 06:08:03 pm »
I think that the MAGA agenda is somewhat engrained into the Republican party at this point.

I don't think this is true quite yet @BellyAche   ---- not with McConnell/Ryan/Bush still running the show.  This is why one of the imperatives for 2024 is to reject any candidate rooted in the legacy GOP --  or the MAGA agenda goes the way of the Tea Party.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 06:51:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2022, 06:12:49 pm »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11

The immediate, coordinated, mass denunciation of Donald Trump’s new presidential run, by everyone from NPR to National Review, is recreating the exact “One Man vs. The System” reality that helped him win in 2016.

9:49 AM · Nov 16, 2022  ·Twitter for iPhone

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2022, 06:15:34 pm »
The oldest Young Republicans Club of NY endorses Donald J. Trump.

"While other politicians kneel at the altars of corporate money, acclaim from illegitimate globalist organizations like the United Nations, and radical wokeism, President Trump stands for our People unashamed and head unbowed."

Full @nyyrc endorsement:https://t.co/u6t4upPUd4— Gavin Mario Wax 🇺🇸 🗽 (@GavinWax) November 15, 2022

https://nyyrc.com/endorsements/nyyrc-endorses-president-donald-j-trump-for-reelection/

« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 06:17:09 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2022, 06:24:48 pm »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11

The immediate, coordinated, mass denunciation of Donald Trump’s new presidential run, by everyone from NPR to National Review, is recreating the exact “One Man vs. The System” reality that helped him win in 2016.

9:49 AM · Nov 16, 2022  ·Twitter for iPhone

Interesting! Many in the conservative media including WSJ ARE dumping on Trump now. And this would be fuel to a successful run. But Trump is so polarizing within the conservative movement that I think he needs to use some level of moderation?  (If he can find that "mojo."). Perhaps that's why he sounded so muted during his announcement. In other words, Trump may have to be less "Trumpist" this time around.  We'll see...

« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2022, 06:34:54 pm »
Yes.
THE ORGY OF ANTI-TRUMP ATTACKS FROM GLOBALISTS SHOULD BE ALL THE IMPETUS YOU NEED TO RE-BOARD THE TRUMP TRAIN.
The National Post, Nov 16, 2022, RAHEEM J. KASSAM

PALM BEACH, Florida – With no sense of introspection, nor irony, the National Review has again made its feeble case against Donald Trump, for the 400th time in a row, all the while alleging that it is the 45th President of the United States, rather than National Review, that sounds like a broken record.

For their dwindling readership, the Review proffers clapped out arguments about the importance of the norms of Washington, D.C., the meanness of Trump’s tweets, and the already debunked notion that Trump himself was secretly the campaign manager for every mid term elections and should therefore be blamed for the lack of a “red wave”.

Of course, the National Review doesn’t care about the flimsiness of its own arguments. No one who publishes such dross could. Instead, their editorial, simply entitled “No.” is a cynical attempt to get name checked on television, mostly by CNN, with a view to propping up the left’s arguments against Trump. Which tells you more than their editorial does.

[...]

There is now – already – a massive, new, and dirty campaign against Trump. From people who grifted off him, like Ed Rollins and Mike Pence, to people he has brought immense amounts of wealth to, like Rupert Murdoch and Jeff Bezos. That these forces are singing from the Never Trump hymn sheet, in unison, should serve as enough of a warning to ordinary conservatives and independents. They are not your friends. They do not have your best interests at heart.

But more interesting is the hurried response from Team Biden, and his fluffers at The Lincoln Project. They are already deploying major advertising resources into attacking Trump on television and social media. Which tells you everything you need to know. They are not this afraid – in fact they are not afraid at all – of Mike Pompeo, or Nikki Haley, or whoever else inevitably throws their hat into the ring during the upcoming primary season.

No, they’re exclusively this afraid of Donald J. Trump. And for that reason, from The National Pulse, it has to be a resounding, “Yes.”

More:  https://thenationalpulse.com/2022/11/16/yes/   

« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2022, 06:41:57 pm »
Interesting! Many in the conservative media including WSJ ARE dumping on Trump now. And this would be fuel to a successful run. But Trump is so polarizing within the conservative movement that I think he needs to use some level of moderation?  (If he can find that "mojo."). Perhaps that's why he sounded so muted during his announcement. In other words, Trump may have to be less "Trumpist" this time around.  We'll see...

Fair warning;  Trump knows the difference between a SOTU style address and a rally  ----  so keep that buckle close by.   :laugh:

Offline Stevensr123

« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2022, 07:04:38 pm »
I still think there needs to be an honest understanding of Trump's fiscal record......
Okay, here are the numbers adjusted for inflation in what I have calculated with a 1981 Reagan CPI Benchmark Year....

1. Trump- $1.707T/yr. ($567 B/yr. inflation adjusted)
2. Obama- $1.039T/yr ($372 B/yr. inflation adjusted)
3. GWB- $763 B/yr. ($314 B/yr. inflation adjusted)
4. GWHB- $388 B/yr.($237 B/yr. inflation adjusted)
5. Reagan- $232 B/yr.  ($166 B/yr.  inflation adjusted)
6. WJC- $174 B/yr.  ($86 B/yr. Inflation adjusted)

As you can see, and is what is interesting, is even with inflation adjustment the rankings have not changed, only less pronounced.
The deficit (even inflation adjusted) rose more under Trump's administration than any other since and including Reagan.

And to the detractors who previously stated that Trump had to deal with Crisis.  All of the above minus Clinton had the same....

Reagan- Digging us  out of the Carter disaster
GHWB- Gulf War
Clinton- Exception...  No major crisis
GWB- War on Terror, and those unnecessary costs
Obama- Great Recession and worst economic conditions since the '30's

Let’s be honest. Republicans and Democrats are both the same when it comes to fiscal stupidity. Both constantly spend more and more of tax payers money, the difference is just where the money is spent.

What they don’t realise is most of the world is going green in the next 50 years (rightly or wrongly), if it does happen, why would the world see the American dollar as the currency of choice? Once the dollar isn’t, America is f**** financially

The dollar is America’s strongest weapon.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 07:05:42 pm by Stevensr123 »

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2022, 07:30:48 pm »
I still think there needs to be an honest understanding of Trump's fiscal record......
Okay, here are the numbers adjusted for inflation in what I have calculated with a 1981 Reagan CPI Benchmark Year....

1. Trump- $1.707T/yr. ($567 B/yr. inflation adjusted)
2. Obama- $1.039T/yr ($372 B/yr. inflation adjusted)
3. GWB- $763 B/yr. ($314 B/yr. inflation adjusted)
4. GWHB- $388 B/yr.($237 B/yr. inflation adjusted)
5. Reagan- $232 B/yr.  ($166 B/yr.  inflation adjusted)
6. WJC- $174 B/yr.  ($86 B/yr. Inflation adjusted)

As you can see, and is what is interesting, is even with inflation adjustment the rankings have not changed, only less pronounced.
The deficit (even inflation adjusted) rose more under Trump's administration than any other since and including Reagan.

And to the detractors who previously stated that Trump had to deal with Crisis.  All of the above minus Clinton had the same....

Reagan- Digging us  out of the Carter disaster
GHWB- Gulf War
Clinton- Exception...  No major crisis
GWB- War on Terror, and those unnecessary costs
Obama- Great Recession and worst economic conditions since the '30's

If you want to be honest about the deficit, rather than looking at Presidential terms look at Congressional terms. Break it down in two year increments, and which party is in charge of both houses of Congress during those two years, and I bet you would see a different story.
Let it burn.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2022, 07:42:36 pm »
Let’s be honest. Republicans and Democrats are both the same when it comes to fiscal stupidity. Both constantly spend more and more of tax payers money, the difference is just where the money is spent.

What they don’t realise is most of the world is going green in the next 50 years (rightly or wrongly), if it does happen, why would the world see the American dollar as the currency of choice? Once the dollar isn’t, America is f**** financially

The dollar is America’s strongest weapon.

Been hearing this, literally since I was born (I am 46). I don't think it will happen, baring some huge change on the world stage. Would require a massive change in thinking. Why? Because every other country that is in any way substantial in size is way, way worse than us in this reqard. China spends like there's no tomorrow, with little regard for fiscal sanity. And this green new deal crap has been exported around the world. Every country now wants some new high speed rail googaw for the world media pretty to crow about. Deficit spending is the new old norm.

I'm not saying this is necessarily a wise choice (it isn't) but the status quo will probably continue into yours, mine, and our children's lifetimes. As long as the US doesn't get worse than other countries. As long as other countries are building stupid things like "line cities" (Saudi arabia), high speed rail, green nonsense, I don't see why it would change.

No world leader wants to be the one with a thumb up their ass while China/US/UAE(Dubai) are building shiny new trains to nowhere. Or bases on Mars. Et cetera.

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2022, 07:44:18 pm »
Since it's been mentioned. Here's the skinny....

From the National Review online:

Everybody already knows what they think of him. Very few Americans seem inclined to change their minds about Trump. His agenda is the same as before: Build the wall. Root out the “deep state.” He’s a victim. “Make America great and glorious again.” It is that same old narcissistic view of the world through a fisheye lens, where all good things come from him and his self-described “very stable genius,” and all bad things are somebody else’s fault. On Election Night last week, Trump summed up his worldview succinctly: “If they win, I should get all the credit, and if they lose, I should not be blamed at all.”

The editors of NR, as a whole, declared, “The answer to Trump’s invitation to remain personally and politically beholden to him and his cracked obsessions for at least another two years, with all the chaos that entails and the very real possibility of another highly consequential defeat, should be a firm, unmistakable, No.”

Online Hoodat

« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2022, 07:50:32 pm »

I just wish that Trump had been the Conservative President that his staunchest supporters claimed he was.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2022, 07:54:19 pm »
Since it's been mentioned. Here's the skinny....

From the National Review online:

Everybody already knows what they think of him. Very few Americans seem inclined to change their minds about Trump. His agenda is the same as before: Build the wall. Root out the “deep state.” He’s a victim. “Make America great and glorious again.” It is that same old narcissistic view of the world through a fisheye lens, where all good things come from him and his self-described “very stable genius,” and all bad things are somebody else’s fault. On Election Night last week, Trump summed up his worldview succinctly: “If they win, I should get all the credit, and if they lose, I should not be blamed at all.”

The editors of NR, as a whole, declared, “The answer to Trump’s invitation to remain personally and politically beholden to him and his cracked obsessions for at least another two years, with all the chaos that entails and the very real possibility of another highly consequential defeat, should be a firm, unmistakable, No.”

I absolutely agree.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2022, 09:14:47 pm »
So Trump should just sit down and shut up, because the things he says upsets the other political party, forcing them (boo hoo reluctantly) to rabble rouse and agitate the lowest common denominator of their constituent base into protests and violence against republican voters and innocent bystanders who happen to be in their way.  Maxine calls it “get in their face” while they’re dining out with family.

I see. An amusing but ludicrous hypothesis—considering the essence of politics is debate.  But, it seems our democrat and RINO friends prefer intimidation, to discussion of merits and solutions to issues.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2022, 09:20:50 pm »
I just wish that Trump had been the Conservative President that his staunchest supporters claimed he was.

Even half...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2022, 09:22:44 pm »
So Trump should just sit down and shut up, because the things he says upsets the other political party, forcing them (boo hoo reluctantly) to rabble rouse and agitate the lowest common denominator of their constituent base into protests and violence against republican voters and innocent bystanders who happen to be in their way.  Maxine calls it “get in their face” while they’re dining out with family.

I see. An amusing but ludicrous hypothesis—considering the essence of politics is debate.  But, it seems our democrat and RINO friends prefer intimidation, to discussion of merits and solutions to issues.

No one is telling or expecting Trump to sit down and shut up. You bring up intimidation; sure he can intimidate the DEMS and RINO's (and that includes Pence) by all means.  But he needs to treat conservative politicians in an adult manner (should they challenge him) and not fight them like a bully in a school yard.  Alienating a portion of the GOP base like he did with Cruz is likely this time to hand the election over to the DEMS.  Primary concern again, is election integrity!!

Another concern right now is all of Trump's court dates and lawsuits he has going against him.  Do you think that the leftists are just going to allow him go on to become the nominee??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2022, 09:55:27 pm »
If you want to be honest about the deficit, rather than looking at Presidential terms look at Congressional terms. Break it down in two year increments, and which party is in charge of both houses of Congress during those two years, and I bet you would see a different story.

Far as I am concerened financial stewardship of POTUS is basically "on my watch" situation. Yes, congress spends, but a financially concerned and driven president would add his practical direction to the matter.

Want proof?  Look at the second best performer of the 6-----   Ronald Reagan.  Arguably, he had to dig us out of the biggest hole of all after Carter's disasterous presidency.  I mean we are talking 15% interest rates and inflation, while rebuilding the military.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2022, 11:01:53 pm »
Far as I am concerened financial stewardship of POTUS is basically "on my watch" situation. Yes, congress spends, but a financially concerned and driven president would add his practical direction to the matter.

Want proof?  Look at the second best performer of the 6-----   Ronald Reagan.  Arguably, he had to dig us out of the biggest hole of all after Carter's disasterous presidency.  I mean we are talking 15% interest rates and inflation, while rebuilding the military.

Funny how you don't want to talk about the best performer on  your list, Bill Clinton. Of course Clinton had no interest in controlling the budget, but with Republicans controlling both houses of Congress for 6 of the 8 years of his Presidency, he really had no choice.

True, if Reagan had the advantage of the Republicans controlling both houses during his Presidency instead of just one (the Senate, occasionally) he would have done better than Clinton. But the clear lesson is that controlling Congress (especially the House) is much more important for controlling spending.  That is, if the Republicans in charge of Congress actually want to control spending... which they haven't been too interested in lately.
Let it burn.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2022, 12:17:21 am »
Funny how you don't want to talk about the best performer on  your list, Bill Clinton. Of course Clinton had no interest in controlling the budget, but with Republicans controlling both houses of Congress for 6 of the 8 years of his Presidency, he really had no choice.

Clinton basically had a crisis free presidency.  Plus Gingrich basically hogtied Clinton into submission....  especially in a time long ago, when deficit spending meant more to the electorate

True, if Reagan had the advantage of the Republicans controlling both houses during his Presidency instead of just one (the Senate, occasionally) he would have done better than Clinton. But the clear lesson is that controlling Congress (especially the House) is much more important for controlling spending.  That is, if the Republicans in charge of Congress actually want to control spending... which they haven't been too interested in lately.

You are correct in the matter that there are basically no fiscal hawks left inour government.  Which will be our undoing end the end.....    Like with people, you can not sustain on a limitless credit card, or what  constitutes a blank check.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2022, 01:19:05 am »

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2022, 04:37:39 pm »
I love Dinesh.  He is 100% correct but Trump will never take his advice.

It does seem like Trump needs sycophants surrounding him. But he needs honest sometimes brutal advise, someone to tell him "don't be a jacka**!" But then that person would have his head given to him on a silver platter. Perhaps daughter Ivanka had some sway, but apparently she's done with politics. Her hubby might still be in the fray, but I think he's afraid of his father-in-law and he seems as fake as a three dollar bill to me. Soap opera stuff!!!  :2popcorn:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2022, 06:03:33 pm »
It will be easy enough to listen to what Trump says, but it's what he says that will ultimately sway the Republican party. (Yes, avoiding pundits and interpretations will help filter out the nonsense.) He will never be subtle and will chew on grievances to the bitter end. Trump will be nominated or go down in a blaze of furiousness. If he gets the nomination, I don't see how he looses. Unless something blows up in his face or the ballots in donkey pouches don't reach their destinations!!!
Shhhhh.....don't tell anyone, but there are now more of them than there are of us.  Game over....

Offline Idiot

« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2022, 06:05:05 pm »
Trump Shocks the World—by Nearly Putting Us to Sleep
By Bob Hoge | 12:45 AM on November 16, 2022

For all those tuning into Donald Trump’s announcement of his presidential candidacy Tuesday night expecting to see a rip-roaring, fired-up Trump tearing into Joe Biden, trashing the fake news, and just generally riling up the crowd, you were disappointed. Trump was unusually calm, almost somber even, and spoke mostly in a slightly-hoarse monotone. While he certainly delivered some of his red meat lines, he rarely went into his trademark ranting mode and stayed away from hot topics like the 2020 election, Crooked Hillary, and January 6. The words “Russia collusion” never came out of his mouth.

more
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/11/16/trump-shocks-the-world-by-nearly-putting-us-to-sleep-n659519
The ONLY reason he announced so early is to try to put off the indictments.