Author Topic: New Zealand targets cow burps to help reduce global warming  (Read 205 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Zealand targets cow burps to help reduce global warming
« on: November 15, 2022, 04:25:17 pm »

New Zealand targets cow burps to help reduce global warming
By NICK PERRY

It might sound like the start of a humorous riddle, but it’s the subject of a huge scientific inquiry in New Zealand. And the answer could have profound effects on the health of the planet.

More specifically, the question is how to stop cows, sheep and other farm animals from belching out so much methane, a gas which doesn’t last as long as carbon dioxide in the atmosphere but is at least 25 times more potent when it comes to global warming.

Because cows can’t readily digest the grass they eat, they ferment it first in multiple stomach compartments, or rumen, a process that releases huge amounts of gas. Every time somebody eats a beef burger or drinks a milkshake, it comes at an environmental cost.

https://apnews.com/article/science-technology-health-genetics-business-9158daf46020a1b1267db63413e8e8fd
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 04:26:43 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: New Zealand targets cow burps to help reduce global warming
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 04:28:51 pm »
I did an EPA and regulatory parody of this and other environmental idiocracy  in 1985, including measuring cattle flatulence in Farts Per Million.

Not so funny anymore.  These enviro-whackos have gone mad, and weld incredible power.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.