Author Topic: Lincoln Project adviser wants to 'burn the Republican Party to the ground,' encourages 'pain' for GO  (Read 225 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 November 15, 2022 7:00am EST
Lincoln Project adviser wants to 'burn the Republican Party to the ground,' encourages 'pain' for GOP voters
The anti-Trump Lincoln Project has opposed many other Republican candidates including Ron DeSantis and Glenn Youngkin

By Lindsay Kornick | Fox News

Lincoln Project adviser Stuart Stevens emphasized Saturday that the group is set on "burning" the current Republican Party to the ground rather than simply opposing Donald Trump.

Stevens appeared on MSNBC’s "Alex Wagner Tonight" to discuss the results of the midterm elections with fill-in host Ali Velshi. After many Trump-backed candidates lost their elections, Velshi questioned Stevens about whether this will force Republicans to "fix" themselves to have a "normal party."

"I guess the repudiation of some of the big, as you call it, waving the bloody shirt election deniers in this election could do two things. One, it could cause Republicans, like many of you at the Lincoln Project, former Republicans, to say hey, let’s fix this party, let’s fix it in the mold of Liz Cheney, of Adam Kinzinger, of conservatives who would like to be conservative, and have a normal party, and like democracy, or could shift it in the direction you just indicated. People who don’t wave the bloody shirt but still don’t really support the underpinnings of democracy that we need in this country," Velshi said.

Rather than argue for the "conservative" Republicans, Stevens revealed that his anti-Trump group has expanded its mission and is set on destroying the party entirely.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/lincoln-project-adviser-wants-burn-republican-party-ground-encourages-pain-gop-voters
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

So, a garden variety dem/lib/prog.

Online LMAO

What needs to burn to the ground is the Lincoln Project
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The LP wants to openly bugger kids with no GOP resistance.
The Republic is lost.