Author Topic: Biden urges Pelosi to stick around after Republicans secure House  (Read 490 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 15, 2022 9:02am EST
Biden urges Pelosi to stick around after Republicans secure House
Democrats thrashed Republican hopes for a red wave, but Pelosi is likely to lose the speakership
By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

President Biden urged House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to stay in office even as Republicans appear poised to take her position as speaker Tuesday.

Biden called Pelosi after midterm election results started coming in to request that she stay on for his final two years in office. Pelosi has rebuffed questions about her political future, but the 82-year-old is rumored to be considering retirement.

"I hope you stick," Biden is said to have told her in a phone call. "I know it’s family first, but I hope you stick."

While Democrats performed far better than expected in the midterm elections, Republicans still appear to be taking control of the House.

"The Speaker has not made a decision about her future. As the Speaker just stated yesterday on national TV, she will make a decision once all the votes have been counted," said Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill. "She’s not even thinking about her future at this moment."

"The speaker will make an announcement when she makes an announcement," Hammill told Fox News Digital. "Until then, let’s all enjoy watching Kevin McCarthy lose a speakership his party hasn’t even won in the first place."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-urges-pelosi-stick-around-republicans-secure-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Biden urges Pelosi to stick around after Republicans secure House
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 02:28:48 pm »
Nancy Pelosi - YOU'RE FIRED!!
Liz Cheney - YOU'RE FIRED!!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 03:07:40 pm »
If she were to quit to become ambassador to Italy or whatever the heck Ol' Drunky wants to do, can you imagine what sort of whackjob would replace her? Are there any sane people in SF?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 06:33:56 pm »
If she were to quit to become ambassador to Italy or whatever the heck Ol' Drunky wants to do, can you imagine what sort of whackjob would replace her? Are there any sane people in SF?
No doubt nephew Noisome would appoint his cousins to take over for their mommy if she left before the end of her term.