Author Topic: Navy veteran turns an act of kindness into a mission to provide mobility scooters to fellow vets  (Read 145 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy veteran turns an act of kindness into a mission to provide mobility scooters to fellow vets
evening-news
BY STEVE HARTMAN

NOVEMBER 11, 2022 / 7:12 PM / CBS NEWS

An American hero turned a single act of kindness from a stranger into a mission to help others. A Navy veteran is using money from a fundraiser to provide mobility scooters to dozens of other veterans in need.

Kenneth Jary, 80, would honor those who served with a daily trip on his scooter to a veteran's park in Mahtomedi, Minnesota. That is, until his mobility scooter broke.

"That was my life," Jary told CBS News of his visits to the park. "I was very sad, depressed."

However, his sadness changed after meeting with Amanda Kline in a coffee shop through a mutual friend.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/navy-veteran-online-fundraiser-mobility-scooter-minnesota/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson