Author Topic: U.S. Navy intercepts 'massive' shipment of explosive material in Gulf of Oman  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Navy intercepts 'massive' shipment of explosive material in Gulf of Oman

DUBAI, Nov 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet said on Tuesday it had intercepted a fishing vessel smuggling "massive" amounts of explosive material while transiting from Iran along a route in the Gulf of Oman that has been used to traffic weapons to Yemen's Houthi group.

U.S. forces found over 70 tonnes of ammonium perchlorate which is commonly used to make rocket and missile fuel as well as explosives, the Fifth Fleet said in a statement.

A Saudi-led military coalition battling the Iran-aligned Houthis in Yemen since 2015 has repeatedly accused Iran of supplying the group with weapons, a charge Tehran denies.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-navy-intercepts-massive-shipment-explosive-material-gulf-oman-2022-11-15/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm sure Biden will discover it was all a big "misunderstanding" and order the explosives returned to Iran with US apologies. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson