Author Topic: How To Stop China From Militarily Dominating Asia?  (Read 436 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How To Stop China From Militarily Dominating Asia?
« on: November 13, 2022, 10:59:47 am »
How To Stop China From Militarily Dominating Asia?

ByJames HolmesPublished11 hours ago

Harpoon Block IIHarpoon Block II. Image Credit: Boeing.
Anti-Access Bubbles: An Idea Whose Time Has Come? Help others help themselves. That’s the gist of a new report out of the London-based Royal United Services Institute (RUSI), Great Britain’s premier think tank on defense and security affairs. If Britain wants to help beleaguered Asian states guard their maritime sovereignty against such predators as China, say coauthors Sidharth Kaushal, John Louth, and Andrew Young, it should supply them with “anti-access bubbles” inflated by anti-ship and anti-air weaponry, sensors, and command-and-control systems.

Yes.

Thus armed, local powers can defend offshore waters and skies apportioned to them by the law of the sea while potentially competing to better effect in the gray zone. The weak can make things tough on a stronger aggressor bent on purloining their marine territory and resources. In effect the RUSI team wants to mimic what China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has done vis-à-vis the U.S. Navy and affiliated joint and allied forces. The PLA has strewn swarms of low-cost anti-ship weapons around Fortress China while constructing a sea-denial fleet founded on missile-armed submarines and surface patrol craft. PLA rocketeers can try to deter U.S. forces from coming within reach of anti-access weaponry, or make them pay dearly should they defy the threat and venture within range anyway.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/11/anti-access-bubbles-how-to-stop-china-from-militarily-dominating-asia/
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 11:00:44 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: How To Stop China From Militarily Dominating Asia?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 10:19:04 pm »
Good luck with that...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 11:34:54 pm »
Step 1:  Invent a time machine that will take you back to the 1950's.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 11:36:00 pm »
Step 1:  Invent a time machine that will take you back to the 1950's.

Step 2: Pass and enforce laws that make treason punishable by death.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 10:39:21 am »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis