Author Topic: Weather forecast puts 20 states in path of snowstorm with frigid temperatures  (Read 918 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Weather forecast puts 20 states in path of snowstorm with frigid temperatures
Doyle Rice, USA TODAY - Yesterday 2:19 PM

The first snowflakes of the season are forecast to fall across a large swath of the country over the next few days, all the way from New Mexico to New England. Some 20 states could see snow from the storm, AccuWeather said, thanks to an unusually cold air mass that's moved in across the nation. 

Snow descends upon North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains

"Unseasonably cold conditions will continue for the center of the country through the eastern U.S. this week, setting the stage for potential wintry weather," said AccuWeather meteorologist Nicole LoBiondo.

While a blockbuster snowstorm is not expected, the first snowfall of the season can pose problems for drivers not accustomed to the weather.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/weather-forecast-puts-20-states-in-path-of-snowstorm-with-frigid-temperatures/ar-AA146ns6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=e243adcf92a74abecab3e4bf82c4f8bf
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 11:54:36 am by rangerrebew »
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Yeah, it begins. This might be a dangerous winter. Just a hunch I have.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sheesh! We've had subzero temps and snow on the ground for weeks this season (we call it winter).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Already a nice blanket here in the Florida of Iowa. Looks like it's gonna be cold this weekend.

So far it's been the typical fall/winter like we had as a kid.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Sheesh! We've had subzero temps and snow on the ground for weeks this season (we call it winter).

AFAIK we were below freezing for the first time this week, that I could see.

Offline roamer_1

0-Teens mostly here... But two decent snowfalls of 10" or so, and several 4"... Still didn't build, because the ground was warm. But it ain't no more... And probably 3" staying.

Glad I got my buck early. Still might go up for an elk, but that is getting pretty unlikely now... The cold is driving them down alright. But there's enough snow in the hills that moving around is difficult. Too much for a quad, and not enough for a snow machine. So road hunting to get close and then a frightful trudge... Not really enough for snowshoes... Which ain't all bad till you shoot one and have to pack it out...  :whistle:

Prolly not. I will try for a half beef instead.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 08:24:35 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Idiot

0-Teens mostly here... But two decent snowfalls of 10" or so, and several 4"... Still didn't build, because the ground was warm. But it ain't no more... And probably 3" staying.

Glad I got my buck early. Still might go up for an elk, but that is getting pretty unlikely now... The cold is driving them down alright. But there's enough snow in the hills that moving around is difficult. Too much for a quad, and not enough for a snow machine. So road hunting to get close and then a frightful trudge... Not really enough for snowshoes... Which ain't all bad till you shoot one and have to pack it out...  :whistle:

Prolly not. I will try for a half beef instead.
You do your cow hunting this time of year as well?  What kind of cow blind do you have? happy77

Offline roamer_1

You do your cow hunting this time of year as well?  What kind of cow blind do you have? happy77

We call em slow elk... But the hard part is finding half of one.  :tongue2:

Offline mountaineer

We had our first accumulating snow today, and I don't believe it was forecasted.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We call em slow elk... But the hard part is finding half of one.  :tongue2:
That takes discreet help... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

That takes discreet help... :whistle:

And sometimes a spotlight  :whistle: