Author Topic: Jay Leno 'sprayed with gas' when steam car ignited at Burbank garage, fire officials responded to em  (Read 1152 times)

Offline libertybele

Terrible news!!

Jay Leno 'sprayed with gas' when steam car ignited at Burbank garage, fire officials responded to emergency

Jay Leno was "sprayed with gas" from a steam car in his Burbank garage, which then ignited and burned portions of his face.

Burbank Fire Department Battalion Chief Dave Burke released an incident report to Fox News Digital which revealed officials responded to the "emergency medical call" on Saturday, Nov. 12 at 12:28 p.m.

"After arriving on scene, BFD resources assessed and treated one adult male patient.," the statement said. "The patient was transported to a local Emergency Department."

The 72-year-old television icon is currently "in stable condition" and receiving treatment at the Grossman Burn Center for injuries to his "face and hands from a gasoline accident in his garage," Aimee Bennett, Director of Strategic Communications at the West Hills Hospital & Medical Center, said in a statement provided to Fox News Digital.

She added, "He is in good humor and is touched by all the inquiries into his condition and well wishes.  He wants to let everyone know he is doing well and is in ‘the best burn center in the United States.’"  ...............

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jay-leno-sprayed-with-gas-steam-car-ignited-burbank-garage-fire-officials-responded-emergency
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Shit Happens when you work on cars.  I have lit my ass on fire several times.  But I was never stupid enough to put my face in a hold my beer situation.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Shit Happens when you work on cars.  I have lit my ass on fire several times.  But I was never stupid enough to put my face in a hold my beer situation.

Yes I get that but igniting your face would be pretty horrific.  I am in awe of his car collection.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yes I get that but igniting your face would be pretty horrific.  I am in awe of his car collection.

Not sure what happened with Jay...But you never look down the barrel of a carb

Offline libertybele

Offline libertybele

Offline libertybele

Jay Leno's car collection has 181 cars and 160 motorcycles. The exact number fluctuates around these since he routinely buys and sells to prevent the collection from gathering dust.

Offline libertybele

Offline roamer_1

Everything is better than shooting carb cleaner in your eye.

Offline Wingnut

Everything is better than shooting carb cleaner in your eye.

I use that shit in place of  pepper spray

Offline roamer_1

I'd face a griz with that crap...

Offline Wingnut

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

When you can get it on sale, makes a good Wasp/Hornet spray too.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, I pray he has a quick and complete recovery. Burns are no dang fun.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Well, I pray he has a quick and complete recovery. Burns are no dang fun.
So painful. I hope he heals completely and quickly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Not sure what happened with Jay...But you never look down the barrel of a carb
Do steam powered cars have a carburetor? I guess I assumed it had burners fed by pressured gasoline?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Here is another link about the story with an explanation of the steam powered cars use of gasoline.
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/jay-lenos-steam-car-gasoline

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 November 16, 2022 1:19pm EST
Jay Leno's doctor gives update after he suffered 'serious burns' in gasoline fire
Jay Leno's 'significant' burns caused 'elements of nerve damage' and will require multiple surgeries, his doctor said
By Lauryn Overhultz , Tracy Wright | Fox News

Jay Leno's doctor on Wednesday gave an update on the comedian's health during a press conference, revealing, "His injuries are serious, his condition is good."

Leno suffered "significant burns to his face and hands," as well as his chest, while working underneath a car in Burbank, California, on Saturday, Dr. Peter Grossman told reporters. Since he's been in the hospital, the comedian has undergone one surgery and has another planned later this week. Leno's surgery was a "surgical excision and grafting procedure."

"He did well with that surgery," Grossman updated. "He is in good spirits today."

Initially, Leno suffered "deep second-degree" and possibly third-degree burns in the car fire.

"Burn injuries are progressive and dynamic," he added. "It's hard to predict what the final outcome will be at this stage in the game."

Grossman also expects Leno to make a "full recovery."

"Currently, there’s elements of nerve damage," he told Fox News Digital during the press conference. "I do anticipate him making a full recovery. Whether there will be remnants of this injury is still way too early to tell."

Grossman said that Leno has been kind while undergoing treatment at the burn unit. At one point, he passed out cookies to children and has been helping out with other patients.

"We're very happy to have him as part of our team," the doctor said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jay-lenos-doctor-gives-update-after-suffered-serious-burns-gasoline-fire
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Jay Leno jokes about being a ‘roast comic’ in return to stage after fire
By Samantha Ibrahim   
November 28, 2022 11:19am
Jay Leno is fired up and ready to return to the standup stage, just days after being released from Los Angeles’ Grossman Burn Center.

The comedian, 72, suffered second and third degree burns on his body from a garage gasoline fire that occurred two weeks ago.

On Sunday, appeared at the Comedy and Magic Club in Hermosa Beach, Calif. for a show where he joked about the incident.

“I never thought of myself as a roast comic,” the former talk show host quipped as he arrived at the event “We have two shows tonight — regular and extra crispy.” ...
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Jay Leno jokes about being a ‘roast comic’ in return to stage after fire
By Samantha Ibrahim   
November 28, 2022 11:19am NY Post

Glad to see that he's bouncing back.