Author Topic: Border chief quits after Biden admin says: quit or be fired  (Read 344 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Border chief quits after Biden admin says: quit or be fired
« on: November 15, 2022, 12:16:22 am »
American Military News by Justin Cooper 11/14/2022

The man in charge of the U.S. border has resigned less than a year into the job after initially resisting the Biden administration’s efforts to push him out.

Chris Magnus resigned as commissioner of Customs and Border Protection on Saturday, according to a White House press release, one day after saying he had no plans to leave his post.

His boss, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, asked him on Wednesday to quit or be fired, the Los Angeles Times reported. Magnus told the outlet on Friday that he had no plans to quit, even though he’d already been locked out of his official Twitter account.

In a statement, Magnus said he “resigned because I believe this decision provides me with the best path for advancing my commitment to professional, innovative and community-engaged policing,” the New York Times reported.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/11/border-chief-quits-after-biden-admin-says-quit-or-be-fired/

Offline MajorClay

Re: Border chief quits after Biden admin says: quit or be fired
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 04:48:34 pm »
Bastards

Offline verga

Re: Border chief quits after Biden admin says: quit or be fired
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 12:18:52 pm »
 :bkmk:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.