Author Topic: Schumer: I’m Meeting with McConnell to Push for Ditching ‘MAGA Republicans’  (Read 203 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer: I’m Meeting with McConnell to Push for Ditching ‘MAGA Republicans’

Pam Key 14 Nov 2022

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said Monday on CNN’s “This Morning” that he was meeting with Senat Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) in the wake of midterm election results to convince Republican senators to ditch so-called “MAGA Republicans.”

Co-host Kaitlan Collins said, “Are you going to talk to Mitch McConnell? What does that look like?”

Schumer said, “I’m going to say to the Republicans in the Senate who are not the MAGA Republicans, stop letting them lead your party. Work with us to get things done. I intend to sit down with Mitch McConnell and express that.”

He continued, “I intend to sit down with him and say we should be working together. You’re not going to get the extremists in your party to work with anybody, but the rest of us can work together and get some real things done for the American people.”

Co-host Don Lemon asked, “I’m wondering what is different? What is going to be different this time with the MAGA Republicans? You said that before. Please work with us. Why is it different this time?”

Schumer said, “It’s different this time because they lost. The red wave proved to be a red mirage. And one, not the main reason but one of the main reasons for sure, was that average American folks, even those in the middle, even those who tended to be Republican, said, ‘I’m afraid of this MAGA. They’re trying to ruin our democracy.’ If you look at the numbers, if you look at the results of the House and Senate, the MAGA Republican way didn’t work. The MAGA Republican candidate, across the board, lost. If you’re a good leader of a Republican Party, you say continuing to follow them is a path to disaster.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/11/14/schumer-im-meeting-with-mcconnell-to-push-for-ditching-maga-republicans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
One more reason McConnell needs to go.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

One more reason McConnell needs to go.

I don't think any of us needs another reason to oust McConnell.  He has harmed conservatism and the GOP irreparably. He has done even more harm than McCain.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Polly Ticks

Maybe Chucky should focus instead on stopping the radicals in his party from leading them by the nose.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
I'm hearing a lot of democrats and RINOs speaking of how Republicans must now have to run their elections to better suit democrats, even imitate democrats ways to run their elections.
Youtube now says that many judges are demanding that mail in ballots that have no date on them are void.  Ballots that don't have election dates on them are being shredded in a extreme hurry by democrats.  Can't get a more honest election than that, at least where democrats can heavily influence them.  Two elections in a row where election fraud prevalent, won by democrats whose fraud don't exist at all, and democrats now want Republicans to run to their side of elections to suit democrats.  Odd the democrat views of elections being greatly favored by the media, who'd a thunk?  Diogenes seeks in vain!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 01:59:40 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions