Author Topic: Colorado Votes to Decriminalize Shrooms and Other Psychedelics  (Read 629 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Colorado Votes to Decriminalize Shrooms and Other Psychedelics
« on: November 14, 2022, 03:41:25 pm »
Vice News by Manisha Krishnan 11/11/2022

Colorado became the second state to legalize psilocybin mushrooms, following in Oregon's footsteps.

Colorado became the second state to legalize magic mushrooms and decriminalize other psychedelics for adults following Tuesday’s midterm elections.

With 92 percent of the vote counted, the Associated Press projects voters passed Proposition 122 , which decriminalizes using and possessing psilocybin and psilocin (the active ingredients in psychedelic mushrooms), DMT (the active ingredient in ayahuasca), mescaline (a hallucinogen that comes from a variety of cacti), and ibogaine (a psychoactive drug that comes from the central African shrub iboga and is used as an experimental addiction treatment).

Through the Natural Medicine Health Act, Coloradans 21 and older will be able to do shrooms under supervision at licensed psilocybin healing centers. Shrooms will not be for sale at retail stores. The state could also decide to allow the supervised administration of the other psychedelics it decriminalized.

More: https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7z5vm/colorado-votes-to-decriminalize-shrooms-and-other-psychedelics

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Colorado Votes to Decriminalize Shrooms and Other Psychedelics
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 06:33:08 am »
Well, that should be interesting...from a safe distance.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 11:36:31 am »
The whole state is uncomfortably dumb.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 01:09:40 pm »
The whole state is uncomfortably dumb.
The biggest factor in Californication there was a song: Rocky Mountain High.
 :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 01:17:05 pm »
Shrooms will not be for sale at retail stores.

What about from your local cow pastures?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 02:14:36 pm »
That'll make for some fun accident reports:  "Officer, I swear everything was going fine, until that great big purple housecat flew in front of me, flapped its ear-wings, and jammed its brakes on."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2022, 10:46:14 pm »
Looks like there's no "goin' back" for the state of Colorado.

It's transforming into a cross between California and Vermont...

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 10:57:17 pm »
I feel a John Prine song coming on.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-