Author Topic: As gas prices ease, US now has to deal with diesel crisis  (Read 427 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
As gas prices ease, US now has to deal with diesel crisis
« on: November 14, 2022, 01:59:48 pm »
As gas prices ease, US now has to deal with diesel crisis
By Breanne Deppisch, Energy and Environment Reporter
November 14, 2022 06:00 AM

As the United States took steps to alleviate high gas prices this year, the cost of diesel, another key commodity, has been quietly climbing for months thanks to a supply crisis that t hreatens to extend to nearly every corner of the U.S. economy this winter .

The surge in diesel prices is due to a sharp imbalance between refining capacity and global demand.

In the U.S., distillate inventories have dropped to their lowest point since 1951, according to the Energy Information Administration, but demand is roughly four times that level.

The scarcity has sent diesel prices climbing 43% higher in the last year, compared to just 15% for gasoline.

National diesel costs are expected to average around $6 per gallon this winter — or worse if the weather gets colder, said Mark Wolfe, the executive director of the National Energy Assistance Directors Association.

“Going into winter, if and when it gets cold in the Northeast … a [cold spike] could cause prices to jump by $8, $10, even, [per] gallon,” Wolfe said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/courage-strength-optimism/us-now-must-deal-with-diesel-crisis
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: As gas prices ease, US now has to deal with diesel crisis
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 04:22:56 pm »
And this gas prices easing is temporary
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 04:27:49 pm »
And this gas prices easing is temporary
99% don't realize that the SPR has to be refilled, and it will happen at 2-3X the cost last time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 11:12:25 pm »
Considering that Gas comes from the same barrel of oil the diesel does, I'm not so sure the "United States" did jack sh*t to lower gas prices in the long haul. All the Government did was try to load the market with crude from the SPR, even selling it to China.

Lovely dance, but the piper's bill will come due.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 11:30:31 pm »
Gas prices haven't eased. Prices went up last week.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 12:00:55 am »
Considering that Gas comes from the same barrel of oil the diesel does, I'm not so sure the "United States" did jack sh*t to lower gas prices in the long haul. All the Government did was try to load the market with crude from the SPR, even selling it to China.

Lovely dance, but the piper's bill will come due.

As long as the DEMS are in control we will continue to see skyrocketing inflation; including high gas and diesel and a continued push for going green.  This is going to be a very rough winter for many.  Absolutely unnecessary.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.