Author Topic: Cotton says he supports McConnell as Senate leader: ‘To be the man, you got to beat the man’  (Read 512 times)

Offline libertybele

For those who like Cotton, well, here's your sign -

Cotton says he supports McConnell as Senate leader: ‘To be the man, you got to beat the man’

U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton on Sunday threw his support behind Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell as the GOP leader in the Senate as some conservative members opposed bringing the Kentucky Republican back, quoting professional wrestler Ric Flair, "To be the man, you got to beat the man."

Cotton, a Republican from Arkansas who serves on the Judiciary, Intelligence and Armed Services Committees, made the remarks during an appearance on CBS’s "Face the Nation" when asked about the possibility of delaying Senate leadership elections until December and whether McConnell should remain leader.

"I don’t see why we would delay the election since all five or six of our leadership elections are uncontested," Cotton said. "The great wrestling champion Ric Flair used to say, ‘To be the man, you got to beat the man.’"

"And so far, no one has had the nerve to step forward and challenge Sen. McConnell," Cotton continued. "So, I support Sen. McConnell. I support the other slate of candidates for our leadership elections." ............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cotton-says-he-supports-mcconnell-senate-leader-man-you-got-beat-man
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

Let the RINOs show themselves.

Offline LMAO

McConnell is a relic in the GOP. He’s old and has become useless

We need a younger, hungrier lion to seriously challenge him

Someone suggested Rand Paul. I’d back that
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That should automatically disqualify him from holding public office.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We can blame the Dems all we want, but here is the fundamental flaw of the GOP - will will not fight and will not get rid of the leadership who refuses to do so.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We can blame the Dems all we want, but here is the fundamental flaw of the GOP - will will not fight and will not get rid of the leadership who refuses to do so.

@Free Vulcan

WTF???????

The INSTANT a Republican starts to fight,the RINO's drop loads in their drawers and panic.

The alleged Republican Party  DESERVES LOSING EVERY FREAKING ELECTION THEY PRETEND TO RUN IN.

I am considering not even voting in the next election. Why bother,when both of the parties want the  same things?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO:
"Someone suggested Rand Paul. I’d back that"

I've suggested Rand Paul.
Several times already.

Offline libertybele

McConnell is a relic in the GOP. He’s old and has become useless

We need a younger, hungrier lion to seriously challenge him

Someone suggested Rand Paul. I’d back that

There are a couple of dinosaurs roaming the halls of DC that need to go; Pelosi, Biden, and McConnell for starters.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.