Author Topic: The Great Wildfire Mystery and The Latest (Dry) Forecast  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Great Wildfire Mystery and The Latest (Dry) Forecast
« on: November 13, 2022, 01:05:21 pm »
November 11, 2022
The Great Wildfire Mystery and The Latest (Dry) Forecast

There is an apparent contradiction regarding wildfires and climate in the western U.S. that few have talked about.   Wildfire acreage has been low even though the summer has been warm and dry for most of the region.

This year was one of the most benign wildfire years in a long time for the entire West Coast.  Plotting the wildfire acreage over California since 1987 (see below) shows that the 2022 acreage burned has been quite low, similar to the situation 30 years ago.

And the same has been true for Washington State (below, from 2002 to now).  The wildfire acreage this year was very modest...similar to 20 years ago.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/12/the-great-wildfire-mystery-and-the-latest-dry-forecast/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson