Author Topic: Biden doubles down on Student Loan Bailout after losing in court  (Read 869 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Biden doubles down on Student Loan Bailout after losing in court
« on: November 13, 2022, 01:05:15 am »
The White House 11/10/2022

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/11/10/statement-by-white-house-press-secretary-karine-jean-pierre-on-the-district-courts-ruling-on-the-biden-harris-administrations-student-debt-relief-program/

Statement by White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on the District Court’s Ruling on the Biden-⁠Harris Administration’s Student Debt Relief Program

We strongly disagree with the District Court’s ruling on our student debt relief program and the Department of Justice has filed an appeal.

The President and this Administration are determined to help working and middle-class Americans get back on their feet, while our opponents – backed by extreme Republican special interests – sued to block millions of Americans from getting much-needed relief.

For the 26 million borrowers who have already given the Department of Education the necessary information to be considered for debt relief – 16 million of whom have already been approved for relief – the Department will hold onto their information so it can quickly process their relief once we prevail in court.

We will never stop fighting for hardworking Americans most in need – no matter how many roadblocks our opponents and special interests try to put in our way.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Biden doubles down on Student Loan Bailout after losing in court
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 01:15:52 am »
Biden's great Bait and Switch.  Face it Gen Z flounders. You fu cked up and trusted Biden.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 02:32:17 am »
It will be fascinating to see what grounds they think they have for the appeal, seeing that the whole program is manifestly an unconstitutional usurpation of Congress's power.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 03:19:22 am »
Sixteen million votes, bought with a promise, but not paid for.

Never give a sucker an even break.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 04:21:03 am »
It will be fascinating to see what grounds they think they have for the appeal, seeing that the whole program is manifestly an unconstitutional usurpation of Congress's power.

You clearly don't understand how fascism works.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 07:13:13 pm »
Biden's great Bait and Switch.  Face it Gen Z flounders. You fu cked up and trusted Biden.

And I have a truckload of "I told you so's" for these flounders.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 11:47:55 pm »
Student loan bailout
or
No student loan bailout

It would make little to no difference.
The vast majority of the young would have voted for the dem-coms anyway.

See:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,484742.msg2739055.html#msg2739055

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 12:04:40 am »

It's not a bait and switch.  Biden's regime will push it through just to show that the Republicans won't lift a finger to stop them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022, 12:41:36 am »
It's not a bait and switch.  Biden's regime will push it through just to show that the Republicans won't lift a finger to stop them.

I want to see the GOP go all "Eat Me" and say  Ramming Speed.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022, 12:49:10 am »

With some toga sauce...

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2022, 12:50:27 am »
You clearly don't understand how fascism works.

I most certainly do:  it works by the union of state and corporate power, as we saw in the censoring of the Hunter Biden laptop story.  However, until they either suborn the SCOTUS to do their bidding, or emulate their founder, Andrew Jackson, by ignoring court decisions, so long as we have an independent judiciary, the Democrats cannot establish the fascist state they so dearly long for (while calling everyone who opposes them "fascists").
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 01:43:39 am »

Don't we all.  But we still end up with Carmine's thumb you know where.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2022, 01:47:48 am »

I'm going Galt, except for giving my time and money to the True Texas Project.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.