Author Topic: Biden pledges billions in climate spending abroad, but more regulations on U.S. drilling  (Read 281 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WND By Micaela Burrow Daily Caller News Foundation 11/12/2022

President Joe Biden announced millions in spending aimed at clamping down on greenhouse gas emissions in a speech at the United Nations climate summit in Egypt on Friday.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will tighten requirements for oil and gas companies to cap methane emissions and mandate responses to credible reports of excessive methane leaks, according to a White House fact sheet released ahead of Biden’s address. He also announced hundreds of millions in climate funding for poorer countries across the world, seen as vulnerable to climate change, and pledged to meet the administration’s objective of $11 billion in climate funding.

“I introduced the first piece of climate legislation to the U.S. Senate in 1986, and my commitment to this issue has been unwavering. Today, I can stand as president of the U.S. and can say with confidence we will meet our emission reduction targets by 2030,” Biden said at his “Decarbonization Day” address at the COP27 international climate summit, hosted this week in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.

At the summit, Biden promised $150 million in “emergency” climate funding for Africa, $13.6 million for World Meteorological Organization research and $15 million to deploy early-warning weather forecasting systems across the continent, according to the WSJ. He also announced $100 million to support the United Nations Adaptation Fund, a global bank of disaster response funding to combat natural disasters experts have pegged to a warming climate.

More: https://www.wnd.com/2022/11/biden-pledges-billions-climate-spending-abroad-regulations-u-s-drilling/

Offline Idiot

WND By Micaela Burrow Daily Caller News Foundation 11/12/2022

President Joe Biden announced millions in spending aimed at clamping down on greenhouse gas emissions in a speech at the United Nations climate summit in Egypt on Friday.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will tighten requirements for oil and gas companies to cap methane emissions and mandate responses to credible reports of excessive methane leaks, according to a White House fact sheet released ahead of Biden’s address. He also announced hundreds of millions in climate funding for poorer countries across the world, seen as vulnerable to climate change, and pledged to meet the administration’s objective of $11 billion in climate funding.

“I introduced the first piece of climate legislation to the U.S. Senate in 1986, and my commitment to this issue has been unwavering. Today, I can stand as president of the U.S. and can say with confidence we will meet our emission reduction targets by 2030,” Biden said at his “Decarbonization Day” address at the COP27 international climate summit, hosted this week in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.

At the summit, Biden promised $150 million in “emergency” climate funding for Africa, $13.6 million for World Meteorological Organization research and $15 million to deploy early-warning weather forecasting systems across the continent, according to the WSJ. He also announced $100 million to support the United Nations Adaptation Fund, a global bank of disaster response funding to combat natural disasters experts have pegged to a warming climate.

More: https://www.wnd.com/2022/11/biden-pledges-billions-climate-spending-abroad-regulations-u-s-drilling/
What an idiot.  He's going to drive oil prices to record highs.