Author Topic: Ron DeSantis is the new Republican Party leader  (Read 2526 times)

Offline libertybele

Ron DeSantis is the new Republican Party leader
« on: November 12, 2022, 11:21:55 pm »
Ron DeSantis is the new Republican Party leader

The biggest winner of the midterm elections was, without a doubt, Governor Ron DeSantis, whose landslide victory in the state of Florida was breathtaking.

The biggest loser? Donald Trump, whose handpicked loyalist candidates in a number of races struggled to beat vulnerable Democrats. Once again, the former president may have cost Republicans control of the Senate, in a year when it was theirs to lose.

Many will conclude, on the basis of the midterm 2022 results, that the Republican Party is ready to move on, without Donald Trump as its leader.

DeSantis scored a win in Florida that was one for the record books. In Miami-Dade County, a region which President Joe Biden won by 16 percentage points in 2020, the popular governor won easily. Not only was the margin of victory astounding in itself, it also reinforced an emerging reality: Hispanic voters may be shifting their long-term alliance to Republicans.

DeSantis won because he embraced Trumpian policies, stood firm against the woke mob, led his state through the pandemic with brilliance and, more recently, managed the horrific damage done by Hurricane Ian with great competence. Florida residents rewarded the popular governor by re-electing him with roughly a 19-point margin over his opponent, Democrat Charlie Crist.

On the heels of his win, DeSantis delivered a barnburner victory speech, laying down markers for what will surely be a run for president in 2024 and declaring, "I have only begun to fight."

For Donald Trump, the election proved to be, using Barack Obama’s word, a shellacking. In Pennsylvania, Dr. Mehmet Oz, handpicked by Trump to represent the GOP in defending a seat being vacated by retiring Sen. Pat Toomey, lost to Lt. Gov. John Fetterman. Fetterman suffered a stroke early in the contest, but even as his ability to campaign was severely curtailed, he beat out the celebrity doctor.

That was not the only bitter disappointment for Republicans. In New Hampshire, incumbent Sen. Maggie Hassan, thought to be the most vulnerable Democrat running for re-election, survived to keep her seat. Her rival, retired Gen. Dan Bolduc, was another Trump-endorsed candidate who had little political experience. Bolduc was considered a long shot and not heavily supported by the GOP establishment, but polling showed him closing in during the final weeks of the race.

In Arizona, similarly, Senate candidate Blake Masters, another Trump pick, failed to beat out Democrat incumbent Mark Kelly. Masters was also a political neophyte who had come from behind in recent weeks. He was buoyed by yet another Trump acolyte, gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake, whose race against Democrat Katie Hobbs is too close to call.   ....................

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ron-desantis-new-republican-party-leader
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Re: Ron DeSantis is the new Republican Party leader
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 11:29:56 pm »
Excellent speech by DeSantis!   :patriot:  Just a note: the ending vote count was DeSantis 59% an Crist 40.3%

It is worth watching. :)

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 12:16:08 am »
Ron is stuck in loser Trumps Craw. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 01:15:05 am »
Ron is stuck in loser Trumps Craw.

Hopefully Ron will rise above Trump's crappola and won't engage him.  If Ron doesn't respond it will only drive Donald off the rails and he will continue to self-destruct. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 01:18:33 am »
Hopefully Ron will rise above Trump's crappola and won't engage him.  If Ron doesn't respond it will only drive Donald off the rails and he will continue to self-destruct.

Exactly.  Trumpy hate being ignored.  If Ron ignores Trump, he will go nuts.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 06:32:40 am »
As De Santis hasn't gone through the vicious demonization scourging Trump has gone through.  Its  real early and unwise to dance on Trumps grave and declare Santis as a God coming to save us.  Smacks of what a lock-stepping Democrat would brazenly and proudly do.

To many facade Conservatives have surfaced with the Republicans in serious trouble, to brag about democrat victory and Republican losses.  To those not blind and stupid, they are now showing you who they really are.  Wolves in sheep's clothing.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Soros rent a hos are even here.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 06:33:32 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 12:07:40 am »

RDS will follow McConnell's instructions  - or he's out.

But that's okay, because, you know, he won relection in Florida.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 12:08:35 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 12:21:27 am »

What an odd post. :shrug:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022, 12:57:45 am »

Agreed.  Odd indeed but I'm not surprised. Emotions are running pretty high.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022, 01:09:53 am »

McConnell is 80 years old and increasingly unlikely to retain his position as minority leader.  If this happens he may resign his seat altogether.  Kentucky recently passed a law to forbid the democrat governor from replacing him with anyone other than a republican.  Of course he could appoint the biggest RINO he can find.  Beshear is up for reelection in 2023 --- so Mitch may hang around until early 2024.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 01:15:44 am by cato potatoe »

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2022, 01:33:48 am »
@cato potatoe   You haven't a clue how any of this works or how deeply entrenched it is.   But, you may be the one who's better off.   :shrug:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 01:35:14 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 01:35:47 am »

He wins re-elections, unlike Trump.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2022, 01:37:06 am »

RIV is in top form tonight, here and on TOS... :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2022, 01:39:26 am »

Would you please stop lying about DeSantis?  On second thought, just stop lying about everything.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline art.prout

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2022, 01:39:48 am »
@cato potatoe   You haven't a clue how any of this works or how deeply entrenched it is.   But, you may be the one who's better off.   :shrug:

Better off is a legitimate question, but clueless is exactly spot on.

:shrug:

Offline art.prout

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2022, 01:40:31 am »
Would you please stop lying about DeSantis?  On second thought, just stop lying about everything.

888mouth

wink777

Offline art.prout

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2022, 01:41:00 am »

22chief

tri22

Offline art.prout

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2022, 01:42:52 am »
Just to be clear, @Right_in_Virginia has forgotten more about the ins and outs of what is really happening within the beltway, than you would ever be able to comprehend in a dozen lifetimes.

You are far from her league.

:yowsa:

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2022, 01:34:52 pm »
Just to be clear, @Right_in_Virginia has forgotten more about the ins and outs of what is really happening within the beltway, than you would ever be able to comprehend in a dozen lifetimes.

You are far from her league.

:yowsa:

Thank you @art.prout   Very much.

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2022, 01:53:05 pm »
Agreed.  Odd indeed but I'm not surprised. Emotions are running pretty high.

I suspect my post appears odd to you precisely because it is not emotion-based @libertybele

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2022, 02:06:51 pm »
I suspect my post appears odd to you precisely because it is not emotion-based @libertybele

But the fact is many of your responses are emotionally-based. You’re lashing out at individual posters

Of course you don’t see it. But the rest of us do
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline heelboy22

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2022, 02:10:17 pm »

TOS?

Online Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2022, 02:11:21 pm »

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2022, 02:31:44 pm »
But the fact is many of your responses are emotionally-based. You’re lashing out at individual posters

Of course you don’t see it. But the rest of us do

Your gang is calling me a liar and stalking me on other forums so you can ridicule me on this one ----- and you accuse me of being "emotional" and "lashing out"?  You simply cannot be serious @LMAO

Offline LMAO

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2022, 02:35:31 pm »
Your gang is calling me a liar and stalking me on other forums so you can ridicule me on this one ----- and you accuse me of being "emotional" and "lashing out"?  You simply cannot be serious LMAO

Lol

Well, I don’t know who my “gang” is nor have I ever called you a liar, ridiculed you, or stalked you but you were the one who made the claim that your posts are not emotional based when in fact they very much are

« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 02:54:53 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy