Author Topic: Makin Island ARG, 13th MEU Quietly Deploy to Indo-Pacific  (Read 158 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Makin Island ARG, 13th MEU Quietly Deploy to Indo-Pacific
« on: November 13, 2022, 10:25:38 am »
Makin Island ARG, 13th MEU Quietly Deploy to Indo-Pacific
By: Mallory Shelbourne
November 9, 2022 8:20 PM

USS Makin Island (LHD-8) leaves San Diego Harbor on Nov. 9, 2022 for an Indo-Pacific deployment. Photo via San Diego Web Cam used with permission

Amphibious assault ship USS Makin Island (LHD-8), the flagship of the Makin Island Amphibious Ready Group, left Naval Base San Diego on Wednesday for a deployment to the Indo-Pacific region, USNI News has learned.

The Amphibious Ready Group with the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit embarked includes Makin Island and amphibious transport docks USS John P. Murtha (LPD-26) and USS Anchorage (LPD-23). Makin Island and John P. Murtha left San Diego on Wednesday, while Anchorage left on Tuesday.

The ARG/MEU includes the aviation combat element with the “Flying Leathernecks” of Marine Fighter Attack Squadron (VMFA) 122 flying F-35B Lightning II Joint Strike Fighters and the “Ugly Angels” of Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 362 (Reinforced) flying MV-22B Ospreys; the logistics combat element made up of Combat Logistics Battalion 13; and the ground combat element with 2nd Battalion, 4th Marines.   

https://news.usni.org/2022/11/09/makin-island-arg-13th-meu-quietly-deploy-to-indo-pacific
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 10:27:06 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson